Transom deadrise on a 1980 238 WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transom deadrise on a 1980 238 WA

been looking for used rigs, and recently came across a 1980 Mako 238 with twin 115's. I am curious though - does anyone know what the deadrise at the transom is on this boat? I have looked at the mako site which generally does a nice job ob providing hull charastics of all older models (wish everyone was that good), but for the 80 238 WA, the deadrise is shown as "X". I am thinking that maybe they are saying that it is the same as the 236 IB listed immediatly above (16 deg), but the 238 is 6" wider in the beam, so i question it being the same. Can the CM.com crew come through for me? Thanks in advance.

matt

Bud, I looked at the specs too and I'm baffled as well. Being a walkaround it's gonna have more weight forward which affects the hull draft number. Then you throw in the 6" wider hull and that tends to flatten it out as well.

Hopefully a 238 owner will slip in here and know the skinny on it.

Good Luck and happy Mako hunting[]
    1983 Mako 224[br]Onancock, Va.

Comment

Bud, I looked at the specs too and I'm baffled as well. Being a walkaround it's gonna have more weight forward which affects the hull draft number. Then you throw in the 6" wider hull and that tends to flatten it out as well.

Hopefully a 238 owner will slip in here and know the skinny on it.

Good Luck and happy Mako hunting[]

Comment

sorry got kicked offline while sending reply....it posted twice.

Comment

I would like to know the answer to this question, I have wondered about it a long time too. Take care, Murray
          Murray Gaskins[br]Valdosta, Georgia[br]Mexico Beach, Florida[br]Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,[br]don\'t tell them where they know the fish.

Comment

Working...
          X