tank suppliers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tank suppliers?

I am looking for a tank for my 17ft mako. I took out the old one and relized that I could put a larger on in. I looked online at tempo and todd. none of there tanks would fit. are there any other poly suppliers that anyone knows of? thanks in advance.
    Tampa Fl[br]

Are you sure that you want poly. I think the general consensus is that aluminum is better.
    1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Not sure about this place? Saw it posted on THT. I'd call them and ask.

http://plastic-mart.com/products.htm

Comment

Heck the place that provides just about all of the tanks for production fiberglass boats is in Perry Florida, I think, and will build you any size, and gallon and any shape for the faxing of a picture to them, in a fe cople of weeks. This has been my eperience with them in the past. Right now, I cannot tell you the correct name but it is something like RPI or RPU. Maybe I can come up with the name if no one posts it here. Some of you with older fuel tanks can look right on the tag of the tanks, if its handy. I bet your old tank has it on the top for reading it.

Keep in mind, too large of a tank, the fuel has a bad tendancy to go stale and water gathers in them. How much do you anticipate using, for your runs and size for a day, just double it and that should be the right amount and then some.

Comment

you mean like this? This is a pix I took of one in a Parker I was looking at for a buddy of mine. [AFM] Alum. Fabricated Prod.

Comment

thanks for the info guys. I got a place in tampa called cl matteson that is probably the largest in my area. I know they can build me one, but they arent cheap. I would guess around 300bucks or so. I was guessing that the poly tanks would be cheaper, plus I dont have to worry about rot..etc.
            Tampa Fl[br]

Comment

300 bucks is a good deal for an aluminum tank. I had one built a few months back... It was 65 gal.. and cost $550. I sanded it down and primed with Awlgrip 30Y94 and then coated it with coal tar epoxy. That will double the life of the tank.
              Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

i was just guessing on that price, but i want around 35gals. Ill keep looking. my old coworker told me of a internet site that has a bunch more tanks than tempo/todd
                Tampa Fl[br]

Comment

http://www.kracor.com/pages/marineindustry.html

here is the company, might help someone here as well.
                  Tampa Fl[br]

Comment

Working...
                  X