Tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tower

Bought this tower today for my Mako. Is really gonna help the fishability, but think the old girl will be a little on the slow side

[]

Thumper Brooks[br]Washington, NC[br]1974 23 Footer[br][br][br]

Does it fold down? For me, I'd loose the sulky top. We fish from the top for Cobia and the top would just be in the way casting to them. Gott'a have controls up there too.[]

Comment

Does it fold down? For me, I'd loose the sulky top. We fish from the top for Cobia and the top would just be in the way casting to them. Gott'a have controls up there too.[]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by warthog5

Comment

quote:

Comment

quote:

Yes it folds down. And it did come with controls. Notice the center rigger, making the Mako a yellowfin machine.

Comment

quote:

Yes it folds down. And it did come with controls. Notice the center rigger, making the Mako a yellowfin machine.

Comment

That's great.[]

Comment

That's great.[]

Comment

That's sweet! []

I first read your other thread where you said you "found" this tower. I was thinking, "Man, this guy is the luckiest dude alive!!!" []
                    Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

That's sweet! []

I first read your other thread where you said you "found" this tower. I was thinking, "Man, this guy is the luckiest dude alive!!!" []
                      Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

CaptDrunk1,

I just found the same tower for my 24 footer.

Are you using mechanical controls for upper and lower?

Did you have to raise the front legs a few inches to have it sit level with your deck? If so, what did you use?

Tom

Comment

That is sweet Capt. About the center rigger , what characteristics does this do for yft trolling, i've used them before on other peoples boats but must confess ignorance on the practical and theroritical end. Bill
                          Dahlgren, Va.[br] HOLY MACKEREL 1973 20 ft CC[br]JESSICA LEE 1985 254 CC

Comment

CaptDrunk1,

I just found the same tower for my 24 footer. I'm in the middle of the install and would love to learn from your experience.

Are you using mechanical steering for the upper and lower controls?

Did you have to raise the front legs up a few inches to make her sit level with the deck? If so, what did you use?

Thanks,

Tom

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by reelman

That is sweet Capt. About the center rigger , what characteristics does this do for yft trolling, i've used them before on other peoples boats but must confess ignorance on the practical and theroritical end. Bill

I have hydrualic setup for the steering. I had some custom extentions built as I am 6' and the shortest of my fishing buddies and when the tower was mounted to the gunnels, it was a little short. What else can I help with?

Comment

Working...
                              X