New boat cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New boat cover

I finally got out to pick up my boat with its new cover. Real top notch job.. The kicker is that between the last 2 covers, I spent more than this one alone and this cover has a 5 year warranty on the material and lifetime on the workmanship! The material is Top Gun which is supposed to be a tad better than Sunbrella. Cost was $770

Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

I don't know about that cover, but that transom and engine bracket are lookin' great!![:x)][:x)]
    1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Yep, the transom and engine bracket have given way to a new house and baby. Maybe one day I'll get back to work on this boat. Not a day goes by that I don't brainstorm about what my next move is gonna be.

Once we get in the house, I am going to take the T-top and windshield off and put her in the garage so I can work on her when I want and not when daylight or weather says so... I'd like to take advantage of the cool winter weather and get some work done.

Comment

QUOTE: cool winter weather and get some work done.

You got that right. This huricane has screwed everything up. Now I have to work on $hit that I've been putting off for years, while working on the boat.[]

Comment

Look at that...a giant, blue Mako diaper! []
          Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

HeHe HeHe LMAOROTF HEHE[88][88][88][88]

Comment

10min latter, I'm still laughing at that one[88][88][88]

Comment

I guess it does keep all the shit inside the boat. And I have changed it several times. This one is just a new brand.

Comment

This new model appears to be the "Blue Bayou deluxe". Thats a steal of a price though.

Comment

That's a real nice cover. Can you get any shots of how it encloses around the t-top? Since I put a t-top on my 20 I need to get my cover cut to fit around it. Interesting to see your comments on the custom vs. one brand fits all. I was planning on following your example! What problems did you run into with the one from Boaters World?
                    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                    1985 Mako 20c - sold
                    Fort Walton Beach, FL
                    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Some details on that diaper([88]good one) would be great. I'm still thunking about the top but also leaning away from a folding one. That means that I'll be keeping the boat outside[:-(]when it happens. That will suck with winter.
                      2003 Boston Whaler 255 Conquest w/ twin 200 HPDI\'s. MA & ME

Comment

I tried a one-fits all type cover from boaters world. my boat is 23' the cover sail all 23' WA models........didn't fit.

when I went to return it, the working there even tried it put it on with no avail. It seemed like it was abuot 2' too short.
                        Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Hey Ed....cool Mako license plate! []
                          Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

Hey Ed....cool Mako license plate! []
                            Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Sailor

That's a real nice cover. Can you get any shots of how it encloses around the t-top? Since I put a t-top on my 20 I need to get my cover cut to fit around it. Interesting to see your comments on the custom vs. one brand fits all. I was planning on following your example! What problems did you run into with the one from Boaters World?

Will take some pixs and post them.. My computers are onthe fritz, so it may take a while. The cover from Baoters World was just fine. It wasn't the best fabric, but did the job. 3-4 years tops for lifespan in the direct sunlight and wind that I get here. I tore it while trying to trailer with it before the hurricaines... (again not the best fabric). I needed a new cover and the boat was in Baton Rouge, so I took it to Covers Unlimited. Its double the price of the Boaters World cover, but the material has a 5 year warranty and the workmanship has a lifetime warranty. You get neither of those with the Boaters World cover.

Comment

Working...
                              X