My babys' in surgury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My babys' in surgury

Well guys, I cut into my boat today and found out how bad I broke my boat. The port inboard stringer delamed from the hull and I cracked the stringer under the live well. I cut the bottom of the big live well pulled most of the foam. I guess this is good time to fix all the stuff that the factory thought was a good idea. I think the self bailing set up in the 17s' sucked and now I have a chance to fix it. Im not complaining I kinda like this stuff.[]

Where's the pix's Gary?[]

Comment

Im taking pics tomorrow but I wont post untill im back in the water. Im kind of imbaressed, I do this for a living and my boat is the first one to break dince I hung my shingle.

Comment

Oh yea, will somebody blease tell how to use spellll check

Comment

I don't think we have spell check.

Comment

ME TOO
            Slim[br]Lafayette [br]1973 19-6 Aquasport[br]An a few Makos[br]

Comment

Cut and paste from MS Word is one way...
              [br]***[br]\'82 Ski Nautique - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'80 236IB - Lake Martin, AL[br]\'03 Pursuit 2670 - Destin, FL

Comment

Gary, a little off topic, but wanted your thoughts on my perf #s. I know it would be mind-numbingly slow to you, but i'm getting 32mph at WOT: 6200 rpm. 1 person, pretty much a full tank, smooth water. Sound about right? Remember, i don't have a supercharged 454 hanging off the back like you[].
                \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Hi Mub,

Thats about right. When I had the 140 on my boat the best I could get was 40. I have friends with 17s and they are getting about the same give or take with 115s on the back. How is your fuel cunsumtion?

Comment

Mub,

I'm getting up to about 36 mph with my 90. No speed demon but I seem to get pretty good gas mileage. I'm guessing my range to be about 80 nm.
                    SCMako17[br]1990 Mako 230 WA[br]Yamaha 200 2-stroke[br]Greenville, SC

Comment

Haven't run the boat enough to really get a handle on the fuel consumption... the fuel gauge on the tank under the console pegs out at about 3/4 of a tank. I filled it to the brim and have run maybe 5 miles and it hasnt dropped any. I'll get back to you when i figure out how much its really using.
                      \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Sorry for not posting up a photo of ours yet. I have no digital camera so when I take in my 35mm I get a disc burned. I'll get one here soon.

We're out here on the West coast..........I can hear the BOOOOO's startin already[]....sorry. We love our 92 semi-project 171 Standard. .

We just re-powered w/ a 2005 115 Evinrude 2 stroker. Haven't really opened her up that much yet, (water conditions) but I did get her to 43 on the GPS for a couple of seconds, but had to back down before I got pitched out of the thing[:u]. We were running a bit over 5500 RPMs I'm not thinking we'll get much more if anything out of it....... thank goodness. Running at 3700 around 28 MPH is right on for us.

Talked to our local prop guy about a stainless wheel and he discouraged me from one sighting the smaller prop shaft would either break or send alot of damage into the lower unit in the unfortunate event we hit something. He said the aluminium will scarifice itself long before the stainless. The amount of speed we would p/u and the fuel savings was not worth the money or risk. We don't run very fast at all cause it's just too rough. Plus 40+ MPH in a 171 around here is more than we will ever go.

Love the boat and we get lots of compliments

Jeronimo

1990 Mako 171S \"Jeronimo\"[br]115 Evinrude[br]Huntington Beach CA

Comment

Strick is out there in Pittsburg, California. I don't know how far that is from you? he's Dr. Chuck Strickland DVM. Horsy doctor.[]

Comment

Had a '73 17...with an '87 110 Rude she'd turn 44mph trimmed high with one on board. And that was with the beat up POS s/s wheel that came with the boat on the old 135, before we knew how much props mattered. I bet that boat could have run a bit better with a good wheel.

I'd definately go s/s unless you're in a rocky area. We hit a few things with that boat along the way...never a problem beyond having yet another ding in the wheel.
                            1990 261 T/2001 200 HPDIs[br]Basking Ridge/Mantoloking NJ[br]

Comment

I've had my entire lower unit on a 200hp Rude destroyed from hitting something while underway. Not sure if the unit hit it and caused damage or if the prop hit it and caused it but I was cruising about 25mph when I hit it. The prop and lower unit was toast. I've gone to an aluminum prop since with a spare in the boat. I haven't hit anything yet to test if it will help save the lower unit though...[)][)][)]
                              Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X