Identify this Mako

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify this Mako

I have a 1978 i think (that what is on the title)233 Mako,....... its a center console, with the liner and cap seperate peices, it has plywd encassed glass stringers, and only the front in deck storage.......i have looked @ all the mako's on this site and lots of others but none seem exactly like mine, either the console is slightly different, or they have hatches in the rear deck. Also is it possible to find drawings of it anywhere?

I have describe the boat before it was all redone but not from the hull up, so fore deck is rotten other soft spots where the tower was installed and it chances are need a new transom, i want a full transon anyway.

Of course everone here said go for it but i am still undecided, Is the any info available , I will try post a picture.

Thanks
    [br]mudflatmark the anglingarchitect[br]Temple Terrace,Fl[br]

maybe you have a wanna-be like mine?
    Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Upon futher review......... it looks like Wilson Ayala's boat it had captains chairs originally, but otherwise thats it complete with the rotten wood. Are there any factory drawings diagrams of this model.

Comment

No, you won't find any for any model any year. If you have any questions feel free to ask. I have taken that boat down to nothing and know all the nooks and crannies. Warthog has the same boat with very minor differences.

I just saw that you are in Tampa. If you want to stop by and look you are more than welcome just let me know.
        1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Thanks Wilson, I knew a William Ayala he lived in Bavarian

Village out by USF, he any relation to you? I would like to see your boat E-Mail me a directions and your #, I will call and set up a time.

Comment

I have an uncle named William Ayala, he is probably in his late 40's early 50's something like that. My father's younger brother. I don't know if he ever lived out there or not, but it is possible.

I live in south Tampa, between Westshore and Manhattan. I won't be around much this weekend, but I will be here tommorrow, and at various times during the week. 813-416-6060
            1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Working...
            X