gas tank ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas tank ?

what a great sitebeen reading for a week-time to get involved.i bought a 19' 1970 mako c/c back in 1996.the previous owner was the original owner-friend of a friend. he told me the gas tank was abandanded under the deck as it had rotted.i have been running 2 12 gallon tanks under the console since i bought it................................................ ...............................................my question is- is there a tank in this boat?? if so-where is it?............................................... .................................................i also am noticing the deck getting soft. after seeing all your stories-i see what a project this could be.now i got a reason to build a garage and get out of the house this winter
    1970 19\' mako...[br]long island new york[br]J E T S jets jets jets

I helped a friend rebuild a 73 19ft. mako and there was a tank under the deck. I think it was about 35gal or so. we had to replace the deck/transom/stringers. so getting to the tank wasnt a problem. we actually moved it forward some to acess shallow water better. sounds like you need to open up the deck anyway, might as well repair the tank under there.
    Tampa Fl[br]

Comment

I helped a friend rebuild a 73 19ft. mako and there was a tank under the deck. I think it was about 35gal or so. we had to replace the deck/transom/stringers. so getting to the tank wasnt a problem. we actually moved it forward some to acess shallow water better. sounds like you need to open up the deck anyway, might as well repair the tank under there.
      Tampa Fl[br]

Comment

I have the same problem! My 78 CC 17' needs a new gas tank too.

I got it out of the foam under the CC. some job that was.

My ? is did you get a new tank made yet?

You can e-mail me at [email protected]

On the sandbar Long Island New York

Go Jets
        <\'GoFish+++(

Comment

Just an offer, I pulled a polyuethane 28 gallon tank out of my Mako and replaced it with a larger one, so i have no use for it. If you guys want it, it's yours. I'm in newburyport, MA
          [br]Michael R. Delgado[br]1972 Mako 22[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15745[br]1976 Mako 25[br]http://classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18013&SearchTerms=mako,25[br]

Comment

Working...
          X