Mako 258

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako 258

Just wondering if any knows much about the Mako 258. Found one 1985 with two tired rudes, hull seems fine, for 16k. Seems a little high but I really like the style. Has a nice radar arch some old electronics. Thanks
    Dover Point NH.[br]Mako 21B and Mako 258

Seems like a good price compared to this one:

http://www.boats.com/sites/wharfmari...lk_srclnk_name

http://newimages.yachtworld.com/1/1/8/9/5/1189534_1.jpg
    72\' Mako 22\'[br]NoNeck, VA

Comment

Thanks. This particular boat is a project. The hull though not damaged needs major componding and the engines appear very tired. The boat seems to be complete but has not had any visible upgrades Canvas, engines, and new electonics are all in order. I guess it comes down to is a Mako 258 hull worth 16K

Own a Mako 21B so know just what a fine ride these boats deliver.Thanks

Comment

Off the top of my head I'd say that a 258 hull is not worth $16,000.00

Check around Florida, you will find one a good bi cheaper shortly..

Take care, Murray
        Murray Gaskins[br]Valdosta, Georgia[br]Mexico Beach, Florida[br]Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,[br]don\'t tell them where they know the fish.

Comment

Viking,

Is it worth $16K? Depends on what you're looking for and what is available up in the northeast. Down here in Florida, there are several 258's up for sale -- doubt that's the same up there. As a result, you can get a better deal down here -- but you have to time your visit between hurricanes!!! [:u]

The 258 has a reputation for being a great riding hull. If you're willing to put the work into it, it may be worth $16K. Is there a trailer with it? What electronics? How old are the engines? What what standard are the "tired"? They may just need a good mechanic to go over them...

Is there a link or photos you can post?

Tom
          Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

Not sure what ya mean by tired Rudes. 2003 FICHTS stil under warranty, those motors should be good for 10 years easy with normal use. If the motors check out, they alone are worth 10K easy. I think if everything is solid, it is a damn fine deal.

Comment

If you were willing to settle for a 238 here is one for $7500.00 in St Augustine. You see both all the time down here. I am keeping my eyes open for a 258 at this time.

http://www.boattraderonline.com/adse...chprocess.html

I plan to upgrade the transom and add a flotation bracket to my 238 personally. In Panama City there was a 258 with two Mercurys

and a trailer for $12,000.00 that I saw just recently.

I guess I was a little blunt saying that a 258 hull is not worth $16,000.00. It is, if you don't believe it just try to buy something comparable to it and you will understand. I was just saying that you can usually find one of them for less money down here if you will watch boat trader a little while. Take care, Murray
              Murray Gaskins[br]Valdosta, Georgia[br]Mexico Beach, Florida[br]Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly,[br]don\'t tell them where they know the fish.

Comment

Thanks for the input. As for "tired" the rudes are mid 80s vintage. The 258 hull is 1985 and my guess is the motors are the same either 175 or 185 hp. Think I will keep looking but do like the model 258. May offer less than the 16K. Still looking if anyone knows of that model on the market.

Comment

Viking,

Go to the address I posted earlier and with the tools thay have there you can calculate the value of your boat in about a minute and a half and then make a more informed offer for it.

I like those boats too. Take care, Murray

Comment

Viking,

Go to the address I posted earlier and with the tools thay have there you can calculate the value of your boat in about a minute and a half and then make a more informed offer for it.

I like those boats too. Take care, Murray

Comment

Working...
                    X