Hey Wilson Ayala

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Wilson Ayala

We haven't heard from you in quite some time. Have you quite on the boat? How about an update?[]

Yeah, he disappeared real quick. Some others as well. Don't know where they went?
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Sorry boys, Iv'e been caught up in school lately. I need to get some pics to you, Eddie. I Painted the boat with awlgrip and it came out great. I was busy using it and too lazy to send those pics. That deck came out alright, but I wasn't overjoyed with it so I am stripping off the gel coat and want to paint with awlgrip.

I am starting to look into a transom job. Eddies was so damn good! Lots of work to be done, but not as much time and money. It is seeming sort of overwhelming right now so I have been avoiding it.

Warthog is your boat still on this site?
      1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Hey Wilson. We throught you had fallen off the edge of the earth.

Neep pix's.[]

Comment

I came close and sometimes it feels like I did, but where should I mail the pics, directly to Eddie or to the "webmaster" or are they still one in the same as I suspect?
          1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Send the pix's to [email protected]

Comment

The webmaster and I are one in the same. Although, I'm really quite the amature webmaster, but I make do.

The above listed e-mail is fine. You can also mail to [email protected]
              Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Alright We finnaly got to see an update. That Blue looks good on it.

There are so many pix's that look just like mine. []

Comment

Yeah, you were a huge help, thanks again.

Finally got off my butt and sent Eddie those pics.

Once you start to figure it out its not that bad, just takes time. I'm doing things one at a time, unlike you. Trying to use the thing between restoration projects
                  1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Nothing wrong with that. You will not get burn out that way. HeHe

Does your boat have the grid system in the bildge?

Comment

Not sure what you mean by "grid system". I think it looks similar to that, but the bilge is not something that I have yet gone through very well. It is coming up, I'm just a little timid about getting that deep in.
                      1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

All that white fiberglass is a stringer grid. I know you can't see very much of it looking thru the inspection hatch that we talked about. The motor is in the way to get your head down there to look in.

The floor in that grid system is not the bottom of the boat. There is about a 1 to 1 1/2in space there and it may or may not have foam there.

They stuch that grid in the boat and cut 2in holes in the top part of the stringers. They then poured it full of foam. The foam may have not got all the way to that area in a liquid state.

When I steped on that area after the floor was out it oil canned on me and I throught I had a delamination. I cut inspection holes thru the floor part of it to see what was going on. That's where I also drilled a 1/4in pilothole thru the bottom of the boat. HeHe

That grid was also used for the engine mounts for an I/O.

Comment

So I would probably have to have the floor out in order to see that, right?
                          1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Yes, but you should be able to tell something about it thru the hatch.

Comment

Hey Wilson, Can you give me some proformance numbers with your boat?

I'm thinking of 2- 115hp Suzuli's for mine.

Comment

Working...
                              X