Transom Bracket Mounting Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transom Bracket Mounting Question

My transom bracket, (a second hand B-Bracket), 30" setback, 15 degree deadrise, is on it's way from Florida. When I mount it to the new full transom on my '79- Mako 23', I have been told to measure up 25" from the keel and level the top surface of the bracket there , drill the holes, hit it w/5200 and bolt it up.

My outboard, 1996 Evinrude 225 Ocean Pro, 25" shaft, will be on its' way to me next week,also from Florida, (Thanks Captain Andy).[:x)]

My question is: When mounting the 225 Evenrude, where should the cavitation plate be in relation to the keel.

i'e. How do you mount the damn thing so that it is in the correct height position relative to the keel and what is the right postion of the caviation plate relative to the keel.. Redundant ¿?

[:u]

I'm confused....

Thanks-

Bob
    Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Bob You have mail.[]

Comment

I'm sure that Bobby has already told you in his PM and I see this question coming up a lot so for those that may be doing the same thing: the standard is for every 12 inches of set back the cavitation plate goes 1 inch higher then the bottom of the keel. So with 30 inches of set back your cavitation should be 2.5 inches above the keel. This is a starting point and you may have to raise or lower the engine after your first trial run.

Strick
      Oakley, California

Comment

Working...
      X