For__Bob Carpenter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For__Bob Carpenter

You asked about the rigging tube. Here's a link for you.

http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/sto...oductID=319730

Are you going to install hyd. steering?

Thanks ! I will order them today.

Bob
    Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

WAIT! You didn't answer my question about hyd. steering. there is another setup for that.

Comment

Yes, I have hyd. steering. Glad I didn't order 'em yet..

whew
        Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

Wart hog, if ya sustained any roof damage, call Hammertime, he has a roofing company in Gulf Breeze.

Comment

Great, He's the man I need to talk to. I want some custom work. HeHe To long to explain here.

Comment

OK back to Bob on the hyd. steering. Teleflex makes some bulkhead fittings. They have a 90deg fitting on one side and a stright fitting on the other. Your hyd. hoses will not go in the rigging tube. The hoses come from the helm and screw into the bulkhead fitting that you have drilled 2 holes thru the transom and mounted. Then you hook 2 more short hyd. hoses to the outside of the bulkhead fittings and the other ends to the hyd ram on the motor. This makes a super clean install and if for some reason one of the hoses gets chafed or cut you just replace the short hoses.

Go to: http://www.seastarsteering.com/OUTBO...fittings.htm&1 Look at the pt# HF5513. That's the ones I have. I'd put the 90deg on the inside.

Also double check your hyd ram pt#. You may need a diffrent ram for the Suzy and some adpters may be needed too. I haven't checked all that out.

Take a close look at this pix and you will see the hoses are seperate from the rigging hose.

Comment

Working...
              X