Boat US has floated the Grand Banks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boat US has floated the Grand Banks

Dads old woodie 42 GB that he has spent the last seven years restoring / maintaining is currently being pumped out and last I heard was sitting upright on her keel and the anchors were being pulled for the tow to The Boat marina. We were on it her two nights ago putting up some keep off signs and the interior is covered in disiel fuel and of course was very wet. I'll post pictures later of it actually sinking.

So far looters haven't been a problem on the boats. Dad did have to say some stern words to SeaTow when THEY tried to board the boat.

Everyone else is fine and most damage can be fixed with money. My wife called earlier and said the cable is back today so I will post some pics of the storm once we get settled back in the house.

Steve.
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    https://forum.classicmako.com/forum/...og-bottom-time

Wow. Was Sea Tow just going to tow it and charge you without solicitation on your part?
    1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Sailor Thanks so much for giving me a call. If you need something give a hollar.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Wilson Ayala

Wow. Was Sea Tow just going to tow it and charge you without solicitation on your part?

It's not clear. It appeared as if they were going to get on the boat, but we did find a biz card taped on the flybridge so I think they were just going around adding their cards to all the boats that sank or were damaged. However, since then we have heard some VERY interesting stories about SeaTow and I can say one thing, I will NEVER let them near my boat.

Warthog - glad to see you have power. When the dust settles, let's get together.
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL

Comment

Sounds good.[]

Comment

A friend's 3/4 of a million dollar sportfisher was at the Merrit boatyard for a major refit when that storm came thru a few weeks ago. When the captain came down to the boat after the storm he found a local seatow operator on the boat who was trying to say he was claiming it as salvage. The boat had never left the slip and only had some very slight cosmetic damage. Needless to say the seatow pirate was lucky to get off of the boat alive.

If they successfully claim a boat as salvage you have to pay them a pecentage of the boats value to get it back. It is a form of piracy. Think of it as a form of nautical looting.

Comment

I will add that DO NOT LET SEATOW on your boat in any distressed situation. Hey don't not invite me to this party guys.!!!!!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by mako224

If they successfully claim a boat as salvage you have to pay them a pecentage of the boats value to get it back. It is a form of piracy. Think of it as a form of nautical looting.

Yep...apparently they have a very "nice" lawyer who has built up the company on this process of claiming salvage to boats at anchor, in the slip etc. I was even told of one story about a SeaTow operator actually following a boat to the slip and then trying to claim salvage and that the owner was in grave danger and *he* helped him get back to the slip.
                1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                1985 Mako 20c - sold
                Fort Walton Beach, FL

Comment

Come on!?!?! This takes place on a regular basis and no one has filed a complaint or pressed charges, contacted the authorities, etc...? Seems impossible.
                  1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Working...
                  X