Here we go again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here we go again

Woke up this morning to hear Hurricane Jean is now heading my way. Looks like we will get at min TS winds and if does not turn last minute a direct hit. 100mph winds and slow moving feels like we just saw this movie. Ivan is a TS again and causing more trouble for the gulf. It caused lots of leaks in already damaged roofs when it passed here early this week. I have lived in south florida my whole life this is by far the wildest year i remember. Good luck to all in Jean's path.
    1987 231 with 200 Yamaha[br]Stuart, Fl

I am so sorry for all the people with tarps and plastic on their roofs (including me).

I was able to save my house by crawling around in the attic with towels and buckets to keep the water damage to a minimum.

I will not be able to conrol all the leaks when the plastic sheeting blows off this time.

So many people at their witts end now.......lets pray this thing turns.

Good luck JWalker.
    Larry S. - Fort Pierce, Florida[br]23 Contender

Comment

11OCLOCK advisory has her coming our way. This will sure make a mess. Keep your fingers crossed that it turns north quick.

Comment

Sorry to see you guys are going to get another one. We have what left of Ivan being down on us tonight.

Sure hope Jean turns hard north....soon!
        Owner of a once busted a$$ 1999 25\' SeaCraft! [br]One that I had to repair because Tracker Marine wouldn\'t stand behind there product![br]Houston Texas

Comment

Ink, it does not look to good for us on the treasue coast. Woke up this morning to hear it will be a strong 3 possible 4. Frances sounds like it may have just been a sea trial for us. Do you have a place to go. If your roof is already bad that is not the place to be. I had no intentions of hanging around for a storm this big. I wish you and your family well.

Comment

Yall need to get out of there. Board up the best you can, and find yourself a nice hotel room out of the path of this one. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!
            1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

It's still not turning north. I sure hope it does soon. I'm getting sick of this hurricane prep stuff every other week.
              Tom[br]Pompano Beach, Florida[br]1976 25\' Mako[br]

Comment

I spent all morning putting tarps and furring strips over my roof. I doubt it will hold but hoping it at least slows down the water entry.

If it gets too bad to control we will slip over to the neighbors house and ride it out there. Their house did surprisingly well in Frances and should do well again.

I have no structural damage, just shingles stripped down to the deck in several spots. Ironic that I was planning on reroofing this weekend.

Good luck to all and God Bless.
                Larry S. - Fort Pierce, Florida[br]23 Contender

Comment

Good Luck guys... Such a rough year. What did FLorida do to piss God off?
                  Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

I heard it was George Bush's fault. Something about not signing the Kyoto treaty and global warning.

What a load of crap!

[(#)]
                    Tom[br]Pompano Beach, Florida[br]1976 25\' Mako[br]

Comment

Working...
                    X