First come first serve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First come first serve

To any and all interested there is a 285 mako fully restored with 225 yamahas on it on the side of hw 23 on the way to venice. I know I just left it there with a flat tire. The boat had a flat tire on the way out of town and was left at a gas station for the hurricane. Got a new tire put on it but couldnt get it moved in time for the storm so we left it there.

I went and picked it up today and made it 20 miles before I blew another tire and nobody is open today to get new tires. So if you want it go and get it. Has radome but I have radar unit at house.
    Slidell, La

That sounds like a real life nightmare
    Ole Joe
    Just floundering around
    White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
    1978 Mako 25

Comment

Eddie, don't do that. I know your just saying that from frustration. I know it's a mess down there and it's easy for me to say not being there, but please take a deep breath and re-gather yourself.

There has got to be someone close by that can help. Maybe someone on this site can lend a helping hand to our brothers. People please offer a hand if your able. Our brothers need help!!!

Eddie, if no-one else can help, give me the size of your trailer tire's and I'll bring some down to you.
      Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Yeh I am just frustrated a good bit. I spent 5 and a half hours today to move a boat 20 miles. Thats even less then the people in bumper to bumper traffic accomplished. I am getting up tomm and hopefully some tire places will be open and I can get it accomplished. Just kinda hoping no one steals the props or anything off it tonight.
        Slidell, La

Comment

spec

I'm in lafayette.Man I'll come help ya..Stress is bad but take a deep breath shit could be a lot worse.

I'll be back sunday afternoon from picken up the new 19' 560 miles one way. Call I'll come pass an help

337 989-9985
          Slim[br]Lafayette [br]1973 19-6 Aquasport[br]An a few Makos[br]

Comment

dang power keeps flickering off/on here. I'm sure I'll lose power for good tonight. The pine tree's we have here isn't made to handle this kind of wind.

Eddie, the most important thing is that you and your family made it through safe and sound. Take care of what's most important and take everything else one thing at a time and before you know it this will all be a memory. When it's all said and done, you will come out a stronger person.

Slim good show.
            Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

steven

This fella I got my 19 from said he has a power cat as well, I'll know saterday when I make the first part of the run. Getting to west texas.

Check boat out boat catch a few hours of shut eye then head back he said he wants to part with it. I'll see if it's worth foolen with if any might care for a new project.

Comment

very cool. make's sense that he would be in Texas with a power cat. that's where the company spent it's last years so I hear there's still a lot of them around down there. Power Cat was the first company to make the cat hull but mine is a 23' mono hull very similar to the Mako hull. Check the year and model of the Power Cat for me, if it's one of the older cat hull's in good shape, I may know some people interested in it. Drive safe and congrat's on the new 19'.

Comment

Steven

It's an older one. that looks like the Mako. just not sure what year.When I get back I'll let you know

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by slim

Steven

It's an older one. that looks like the Mako. just not sure what year.When I get back I'll let you know

hehe, you say older but if it looks like a Mako (like mine) than it is probably one of their last one's. The company actually started in the 50's and made the cat hull's till the mid 70's when it was sold. Apparantly, the new guys that took over abandoned the cat hull design and started making mono hull designs. From what it appears, they didn't have their own designes so they started copying other company designs with slight changes so as not to get dinged with copy infringements. Such is the case with my '78 23'er. It looks just like the Mako 23's from that time with a little more deadrise (as WartHog noted previously). There is actually a small group of followers that are into the original cat hulled boats. It's headed by the son of the original owner. From what it seems, these little cat hulls were the bomb back in those days, due to their more stable ride and handling, and were very popular by the racing fanatics. I found them through this site (under the FAQ tab and look alikes) when I was looking for info on my boat to get ideas about my rebuild. Unfortuately, they talk mainly about their cat hulls and how to soup them up so I came back here and this is where I've been since.

Comment

steven

it's a 19 foot just like the one on this site. The boat doesn't need any thing. except to repaint the console. an he even said that it realy doesn't even need that other than it just doesn't look clean.

complete boat hull. solid

duel ax trailer.

ready to go 1800.00

His name is DC 1-830-669-2980

Comment

I got the boat to its destination today. Another interesting tidbit is it looks like whoever was towing the boat before the storm had more then a flat tire. It appears that the trailer popped off the truck. One of the axels is bent or something. Both blowouts are on the same axel. Also the jack was almost ripped off the trailer and one of the U bolts was straighted.
                        Slidell, La

Comment

that's great to know you got the rig back... your not going to get blamed for the damaged axle are you?

Comment

I better not. LOL There is no reason he should blame me.
                            Slidell, La

Comment

I better not. LOL There is no reason he should blame me.
                              Slidell, La

Comment

Working...
                              X