Talk to me suzuki men of the fourm!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk to me suzuki men of the fourm!

Leaning towards a 225 four-stroke suzuki v.s. the same yamaha... its not the few thousand difference, it seems to at least as good ,if not better than the yams! Never thought i would say this, but my "reseach" is showing althgough a muuuch smaller market share, they have their act together..Non -declining warranty 3 year.. more horsepower than comp.yam..(different gearing?) and better economy.., Wieght distribution is even more "Bracket friendly" ,Im deep in yamaha territory and i think my ego is the way.. Andy
    1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Completely useless comment: I know nothing about larger Suzukis, as I have never even used my 75, but I know that the small ones, like the 4, 8, or 9.9 or whatever ones that my dad and the other guy I sail with use on their sailboats are great motors. Always a one-pull start.

See? Completely useless.
    \'72 Mako 17, Suzuki 140 FOR SALE[br]\'74 Mako 19B Project FOR SALE[br]Seabird 21 Project FOR SALE[br]San Juan 28 sailboat [br]Wake, VA[br][IMG]

Comment

Capt Andy-

I have an older 1998 Suzuki 225 EFI on my Mako 231 and it runs great with 530 hours. Granted it has different technology than the 4 strokes but I am happy with it. The only problem I find with Suzuki's.....is finding a good dealer. The local Suzuki dealer in Newburyport, MA is a joke/crook so I tow my boat to Rhode Island once a year to have my buddy's friend, who is a Suzuki mechanic, go over the entire engine.

Ed

Comment

How much are they?

Comment

they are both just as good and just as reliable. You can't go wrong picking either one, pick the one that suits you best (i.e. location of closest dealer and extra options).

Or...... you can buy both, try them out, than let me have the one you don't want......[)][][)]
          Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

The suzuki is a stronger engine. The yamaha 4 stroke is a joke at 225 hp. The engine runs well but the power is not there. The suzuki swings a bigger wheel which means it is going to hold the water better and be faster at the same rpm then a yamadog. I have a set of 140 4 strokes with 900 hours on them.
            Slidell, La

Comment

Thanks for co-signing my insanity of 14,000$ ,i just got off the phone and bumped to a 250, 600$ more and the same wieght.. got to believe the 250 will work a littleless hard than the 225,sound logical?? mounting it on the bracket of my 232-b the wieght distribution forward seems to make sense..

Comment

Andy,

I think you'll be happy. How's the Suzuki network down there?

Tom
                Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

Sounds like a winner to me. Wylie over at Yellowfin seems to like Suzukis as well. He claims they are the best bang for the buck on the water right now.

Thankfully the Merc 225 EFI on my garage floor was spared since this storm didn't come my way. Thank God! Lets just hope we can get through till October and maybe I can get the boat finished over the winter and spring.
                  Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Speck-Tacular

The yamaha 4 stroke is a joke at 225 hp. The engine runs well but the power is not there.

wow!!! I never heard that before... The only negative I've heard so far about Yamaha is the higher (250+HP) HPDI motors.

Capt.Andy, what were you quoted for the 225 Yami and what did it include?
                    Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

05 yam f-225- 13,999.00$ ,plus harness ,cables ,binnacle,etc. guages,rigging and wet test ,and prop is another $1235.00$,plus 500-600$

rigging that must be done by yamaha or no warranty although im told you can get around this...plus sales tax..913.00$=16649.00$ 3 year warranty... on the guide program i can get 10% off and only one year factory warranty... I dosent even make sense to take guide discount and lose 2000.00$ worth of warranty..so... And Mercury and Yamsha are battleing out something about Quality control bla.bla.. I went with the suzuki and bumped up to the 250 for less money.

Comment

GG on the Suzuki

Comment

Great Andy, I too have heard nothing but good about the big Suzuki.

Looking forward to performance figures, I bet you will love it.

Are you planning on putting a t-top on the boat?
                          Larry S. - Fort Pierce, Florida[br]23 Contender

Comment

Spec-Tacular...

Having run an F225 on my Mako for the last 12 months I would hardly call it "a joke".

Fuel economy at cruise with a full load is excellent (4000 RPMs; 10 GPH at 31 MPH) and my hole shot is solid as well.

Would like to know about your 1st hand experience...

Tom
                            Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

I can't tell you a thing about the F225 or the F250. But, I can tell you that I couldn't be happier with the F140's that I've been running for two years.
                              Ole Joe
                              Just floundering around
                              Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania
                              1978 Mako 25, Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X