Too much wieght in my ass????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much wieght in my ass????

Hey guys im alive and well in venice , computer has been down!!Sold my 225 ocean-pro and ordering the "NEW" toy, i hope. Considering a suzuki 225,warts favorite, Im wondering about the extra wieght in the ass, my 232-b(Bracketed)Has anyone else re-powered with four stoke and whats up?? Thanks
    1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Hey Andy-

With the bracket, you will probably be better off than with a standard transom. Are you able to move weight forward in the boat without doing any major modifications?

Comment

She's gonn'a weigh 580lbs. The new Bomb in 2 stroke weighs 517lbs in a 20in shaft. Your not that far off. I don't belive there will be a problem at all.

Comment

hey wart,thanks . do you think a 20" shaft is too short?? stock 232 bracket,not crazy about moving wieght forward,ed,dont like adding anymore wieght than people and fuel.

Comment

What was the Rude? 20 or 25in?

Comment

25"

Comment

That's what I throught. A 25in shaft motor goes back on it.[]

Comment

I see 23s with twin OMC and Yammie v4s all the time, that = about 800 Lbs. A single 4 stroke should be a piece of cake.

Comment

Andy,

I repowered my 224, going from an Evinrude 225hp to a Yamaha F225 that weighed in at 580lbs. My float line didn't change.

What I did to offset the added weight was to move my two group 27 batteries from the storage boxes in back to the console.

You do need a 25" shaft regardless of the engine you pick. With a 17M SWS prop I cruise at 31 MPH at 4,000 RPM. Max speed at WOT with a full load (4 pax, 70 gal fuel) is 41 MPH.
                  Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

Thanks prop ,good info,can you at your convience reply with any paticuliasrs, where ,how much,etc,,,,, Thanks ..im gettin" obsessed!!I know i need prop controls ,and do you have a bracket??

Comment

Andy,

Even tho your email is broken , I wanted to let you know that the check for the 1996, 225 Ocean Pro just was mailed.

Thanks-

Bob
                      Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

Andy,

You've got mail...

Tom
                        Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

Working...
                        X