Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this website today by accident and can't stop reading it. My friend bought a 1990 Mako 19. I was very impressed with the ride for a 19 foot boat. I will be looking to buy a Late 80's early 90's C/C Mako probably in the 22-24 range. I need a full transom. Inboard or outboard on a bracket. Don't mind one that needs some work.I'm not familiar with the models available.I will be doing alot of reading in the upcoming months on the site. Sorry this was intended as more of an introduction but turned into a "boat wanted" post, "just very excited about Makos".Any info would be greatly apreciated.Thank you in advance!

Capt John
    Plymouth 41o58\'N 070o40\'W

welcome, it is very addictive!!!
    1983 21b[br]Waveland,MS

Comment

Welcome Capt John Start looking for a 224. Several folks have them on the forum. It's full transom/bracketed boat. Some will say it's THE BEST 22 center console every built.[]

http://www.classicmako.com/projects/papia/

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys! Warthog...That 224 looks perfect! What years was it made. Any years to look out for?

Capt John

Comment

Yes ,its addictive and imformative as well,seems to be quite a bit of wisdom,and some b.s. here , welcome!!, Not to upset anyone,but pre96 seems to be the point...Boattrader.com has some stuff and there was a thread with a salvage boat that looked in real good shape not long ago ,look under hurricane topics last week??[8D]
          1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Comment

Thanks Capt Andy

Will check it out! Why pre 96?

Thanks for the welcome jcthornhill!

Capt John

Comment

The Mako 224 is one of the flagships of the Mako fleet from years past. They are very hard to come by because guys like PropBlast won't let go of them.[] The 224 however didn't come with a full transom/bracketed outboard. You have to do that yourself.[] or pay someone to do it for you.

The Mako 221B and the 232 are fantstic boats from the early to mid 1990's. Capt.Andy will attest to that. Once the original owner jumped ship around 1993ish, the quality went down slowly. Not saying that you can't find a Mako after 1995 that isn't good, but there wre some lemons with the new and changing ownerships.

They never made a Mako 231 or 241 with a full transom/bracket, but again... a little imagination can go a long ways!

The Mako 241 is one of my favorites. Its the same hull as the 261(shortened a bit) which has an 8'6" beam. The extra 6" makes alot of extra space and some added stability.

Just some food for thought.
              Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Thanks Ringleader!

Hope all is well after Ivan. Darn huricanes are coming out like a factoy line[:u]

I would be better suited to a factory full transom as I am not that handy to do the modifications myself. Are the 221-B and 232 full transom models?

Comment

Go to www.boattrader.com "boat search" "used" "center console" "1989-2000 year" "Mako" and theres an ad for a bracketed 221.. Thers only about 25 listings and thers 2 0r 3 boats you might be interested in.. Andy
                  1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Comment

Working...
                  X