Family Boat vs Mako20c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Boat vs Mako20c

Guys help...I don't know what to do. I have a well restored 1985 Mako20c, it's solid as a rock and well equiped for the fishing I do in the Long Island Sound and some use in the ocean. Problem is that the wife hates the boat (no head) and my son (only 7 months) has no place to take a nap (ie. next summer). I would really like to have a more family oriented boat. I looked at a new hydrasport 23wac (40k loaded) and seems a little small. What would you do? I don't need a new boat but if I go used would prefer to repower myself (limiting options).

What do you think my boat is worth in a private sale?

1985 20c floor/transon dry, some repairable/minor fg damage, teak trim intact hatches replaced with starboard.

custom t-top 5 years old, hard top, rocket launchers, spreader lights fore/aft

vhf/loran/ff/gps/am,fm,cd/radar....mostly older except radar 3/4 years old

2000 Evinrure 175 Ficht

Hyd. Steering

1999 loadrite dual axle trailer galvinized 19' 3500#

Thanks....

PS...this is a great forum. Hope to post some pics soon.

The 85 Mako has a good reputation. Depending on the running condition of the Ficht, and if the total rig is in great shape and running condition, $10 - $13M may be on target.

Regarding other choice for family boat, the Atlantic City in water boat show is coming up this week. Suggest that you check out the boats thinking in terms of your requirements. Then you can purchase

new, or used in the category that fits you best.

Comment

Sounds to me for up there and to address the family's needs a Parker Pilothoues is something you need to take a look at. I know there is a bunch more of them up there than there is down here.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by warthog5

Sounds to me for up there and to address the family's needs a Parker Pilothoues is something you need to take a look at.

I can vouch for the 2520 MVSC. []

Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

You don't need a Parker, just build something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=63727

[]
          Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

holy Frankenstein batman!!!
            Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Boy thats ugly.[xx(]
              Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Just when you thought you have seen it all...[88]

Comment

Thats no way to treat a boat! [B)]

Brian... Is that thing located in the north part of the county? [:x)]
                  Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

I really like the canvas tent looking tops that they make for the front of CC's. I plan to put cushions on my forward compartments and the canvas tent tops for mine for those rare moments that I plan on sleeping in the boat and need some shade or protection from the elements. It will be off most of the time like while underway or power fishing.
                    Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

YOU COULD DIP THAT THING IN DOUGH AND MAKE GORILLA COOKIES!!!!!!
                      1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Comment

HungOne What your talking about is called a Dodger.

Comment

Bobby, I knew you would come through and know what I was talking about. forget about doing a search for dodger on the internet though. the only thing that comes up is about some minor league LA Dodger team. a bit too soon but any idea's on where I can start looking for already made or is this a custom build thing?

Comment

nevermind. do a search on "dodger boat cover"

Comment

[:x)] Serch engine; I know most people use Google. I don't. I used Dogpile. It will serch 7 diffrent serch engines at the same time.

http://www.dogpile.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X