head holding tank???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head holding tank???

Hello, just purchased a 1998 253 w 2003/twin 130 hondas. Big question for me is how do I switch from holding tank to pumping out through hull. Doctor that I bought it from does not know??? Did not leave the Newport Yatching club much! Any info would be appreciated.Thanks,

Vinny

Yesterday I asked the same question for my recently purchased Mako 253. (see question under Gene1. If you figger it out pls let me know.

Gene

My question yesterday:

I recently purchased a 1998 Mako 253 Walk around. The head currently goes to a holding tank. Where we sail there is nowhere to pump out the holding tank and we are allowed to pump overboard. We would like to know how to change the holding tank to pump overboard through the hull. There is a y-valve on the aft end of the boat you can see it thorugh the round hatch cover. We have turned this but it does not appear that the tolet is pumping through the bottom of the boat - is there anything else that has to be done? The manual indicates that a Y-valve has to be turned as well as a seacock our boat appears to have the Y-valve only and not the sea cock.

=

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by vfalcon7

Hello, just purchased a 1998 253 w 2003/twin 130 hondas. Big question for me is how do I switch from holding tank to pumping out through hull. Doctor that I bought it from does not know??? Did not leave the Newport Yatching club much! Any info would be appreciated.Thanks,

Vinny

Comment

Hi Vinny:

Did you determine how to switch from the tank to overboard discharge??

Gene1

Comment

I think nobody is touching this subject for one simple reason. It is illegal to discharge overboard, period. Here is a little reading to get you started.

http://www.boatus.org/onlinecourse/R...ect/info4c.htm

Todd
          Mako 22b, Lost to hurricane irene and a 4\' oak tree [xx(][br]Annapolis, MD

Comment

Working...
          X