Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 Johnson 150 performance

Two questions:

1. Engine runs with "hiccup" or rough spot every several seconds or so at idle and forward idle.

Seems to run fine once revs are increased.

Is this likely a minor, or major issue ?

2. Compression test results 100 on one side, 95 on the other side.

Are these good numbers ?

OMC made low compression and high compression motors. You need to run your vin numbers to find out which motor you have. Even at that the numbers sound low.

Comment

Your engine is a low compression engine(looper). My '93 Ocean Pro did the same thing. Try changing the plug wires. Have you de-carboned your engine lately? The OMC 150 is a sweet running engine. They still manufacture this same motor(150 johnson). I plan on running mine for many more years. Tony
      79 Mako 23[br]85 Wellcraft 18 fisherman[br]Hammond, La.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by spectrout77

Your engine is a low compression engine(looper). My '93 Ocean Pro did the same thing. Try changing the plug wires. Have you de-carboned your engine lately? The OMC 150 is a sweet running engine. They still manufacture this same motor(150 johnson). I plan on running mine for many more years. Tony

Saw the above post. What kind of performance #'s are you getting with the 150 on the 79 Mako 23? I am "still' trying to decide how much power I need for my 1979 Mako 23'?

Cruise @ ~4000rpms

WOT @ 5500 rpms

Thanks

Bobc
        Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

The 150 Ocean Pro will eventually make its way to my 18' Wellcraft. The only way I'd run a 150 on a '23 is if I have 2. My Mako is a project I havn't started...going to install a full transom. I currently have a '96 Sussuki 225[:x)] that I was going to use at first. I plan on going with a 250 or 300(if they make one) FICHT Evinrude. That should be all the power I need[]. Tony
          79 Mako 23[br]85 Wellcraft 18 fisherman[br]Hammond, La.

Comment

Hello those 150 oceanpros are known for powerpacks everyone I know has replaced them

Good luck

Bwhaler 1984 254 mako 250 yami

Comment

Working...
            X