231__fuel compartment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 231__fuel compartment

I have a 1990 231. Is there any way for the fuel compartment to drain ? If the access hatch over the fuel sending unit leaks even a slight amount, it seem to me that the foam will saturate and the compartment become water filled. This 231 is in excelent condition, and I and going to try and keep it that way, Just trying to look ahead to head off any major problems.

Ithought iwas bad about thinking of the what ifs!!!Enjoy the journey and dont worry about the stuff that might happen!! sometimes i have to stamp a no trespassing sign on my forehead cause" its a bad nieghborhood, know what i mean????

andy
    1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Comment

Sabalo 13-

Take a look at my 1991 Mako 231 owners manual that is posted on this site. According to the manual there is a gas tank overflow drain. It shows the exact location of it on the starboard side of the transom where there is a thru-hull fitting and a hose that I believe goes to the gas tank coffin area and drains any excess water. I am planning on pulling my tank this winter and will let everyone know for sure. In the interim, I put a small bronze ball check on the fitting and keep it closed while running. When the boat is on the trailer, I open it up.

Comment

In the mean time I would replace the stock inspection ports with a good one that seals tight. I used one that has the thick gasket and the twist lock handle. I found them at Marine Connection Ft. pierce.

Every time I check it is bone dry.

I also keep a tarp over the boat when not in use.
        Larry S. - Fort Pierce, Florida[br]23 Contender

Comment

Working...
        X