George Poveromo kudos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Poveromo kudos!

Got a call last nite from the man,george.Never spoke to him before and was to say the least surprised!Im a bit of a lite tackle expert around these parts and was invited to participate Jan.29 2005 in the Salt-Water sportsman fishing Seminar in sarasota as part of the panel of experts!{If they only knew!If you cant dazzel em" with brillance, baffale em" with bullshit"[]Kidding aside he had high marks for oure website and i asked if i could plug"CLASSIC MAKO".com and no problem...Hats?cant do shirts cause they supply>>HUM..Actually saw that big cobia while cruising the site and read profile to trck me down! Thanks guys this is a big deal for me and wouldnt happen without site!

Andy
    1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

oh oh... a superstar in the making....Capt. Andy is about to become the next Mark Sossin.[] Congrate's Capt. and don't forget the working class down here while your sailing up there....[]
    Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Hey Andy! Thats awesome! Congrats. It looks like we are getting some recongition! Keep us posted.
      Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Can I get your autograph?

If that many people are going to be looking at this site I might have to change my name on the forum.

I always thought that this was going to be an intimate group. Who knew?
        1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Perhaps all this high horse power attention will get Mako's eye and they will come on board sponsoring some events.

Comment

How about planning some event???Any ideas ??Keys? Abaacos??? We only live once, some of us .Dont want toi waa waa over time and $, life is short boys and girls and there isnt

any handicapp access for old people on our boats yet!!

Andy
            1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Wilson Ayala

Can I get your autograph?

If that many people are going to be looking at this site I might have to change my name on the forum.

I always thought that this was going to be an intimate group. Who knew?

I think it will stay a small intimate group. 1000 users (half will be regulars) will be about the max... I'd guess. This is such a topic specific forum that it won't grow to be huge... and thats fine. We are pretty limited to Classic Mako boat Q&A and general boat restoration/rebuilding. Just good solid info. No BS... well sometimes we get a little out of hand. Capt's right, life is too short not to have fun.

I e-mailed George Poveromo once with some questions... He got right back to me ASAP with a good answer and a contact at Mako to try calling. Unfortunately the contact never answered or returned my call, but thats not George's fault. I sure enjoy the show. It would be cool to have a nostalgia show where George fishes out of an old but pristine Mako 26 or something like that.

We will deffinitely have to organize some kind of ClassicMako owners rally. Would be big fun. I gotta get my boat back in action before that happens... or I'll be stuck on the beach wearing a T-shirt.
              Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

The Keys would be fun ! Pensatucky too ! A Classic Mako fishing tournament...............members only, with a huge fish fry !

Comment

I second that. George P is a very nice guy. When I bought my first Mako 5 years ago he answered a bunch of questions for me. Then when I contacted him again 3 years ago regarding me latest Mako..he once again was very helpful.

Congrats...Capt Andy. Good luck at the seminar.

Comment

I bought georges 2003 171 "Shallow Water Marc" and he is a heck of a guy very friendly nice personality. I didnt know what to expect before I met him maybe some TV Im better than you celeb my dad thought some S. FL glades backcountry boy we were both wrong. Just basically a heck of a guy who knows his stuff and loves his MAKOs!
                    2003 George Poveromo Edition 171 [br]2005 Merc Opti 115

Comment

Working...
                    X