just a little elbow grease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just a little elbow grease

I haven't taken pix throughout my project because I don't need any major structural work. just a lot of cleaning, trimming, and hatch rebuilding. Here is some of my preliminary stuff though.

before

after

Just today I put the new rubrail on. will try and put the T-Top on tomorrow if I have time. Then the re-wiring will begin. Boy won't that be fun...........
    1980 Mako21 [br] [br]Long Beach MS <\')))>([br]\"I can always find somebody to tow me back in, but I can never find anybody who will tow me out.........\"

Looks great. Was that just from cleaning/wet sanding/buffing or did you paint?
    SCMako17[br]1990 Mako 230 WA[br]Yamaha 200 2-stroke[br]Greenville, SC

Comment

nice job.... you can clean my boat anyday.... []
      Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

I had to paint the gunwhale and the casting deck. There were so many chips, cracks, and dents. Every hatch cover on the boat was missing or unrepairable. so I replaced them with starboard.
        1980 Mako21 [br] [br]Long Beach MS <\')))>([br]\"I can always find somebody to tow me back in, but I can never find anybody who will tow me out.........\"

Comment

the transom I had gelcoated after all 3 million holes got filled.

Comment

What did you fill all the gellcoat holes/nicks with? I have the same problem with mine...
            NYC & L.I. - 1974 \"Classic\" Mako 20\' - Suzuki 2006 DF150 - Fly & Light Tackle, C&R[br]My boat: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23444#159594[br]Personal website: http://www.georgemcauliffe.com/

Comment

filled a lot of the little hole from like the trim tabs and transducer with epoxy. Motor mount holes with a dowel coated in epoxy. You don't want the dowel flush with the transom, leave yourself an 1/8 in or so that you can epoxy and sand for a smooth look.

got the T-Top back on today

Comment

Did you have the t-top fab'd locally? Your boat looks great.
                1983 21b[br]Waveland,MS

Comment

It was on the boat when I bought it. I'll see if I can find a manufacturers plate on it tomorrow.

Comment

Nice work. How long is your boat? Did you have to do anything to the deck?

Strick
                    Oakley, California

Comment

21 feet long. The deck was damaged when the bow lift ring got bent. I had to make a small repair around where the eye attaches and I painted the deck, gunwhale, and top of the transom with a polyurathane. The back of the transom got re-gelcoated.

Comment

Working...
                      X