No announcement yet.

I Found it.

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Found it.

    Here is the flanges that I've been looking for. For those of you that are going to have a bracketed outboard and want the rigging flanges that are not plastic. $27.64

    Chrome plated brass and bronze. Use with 2" I.D. hose to pass wiring harnesses and control cables through transoms and motorwell bulkheads. O.D. tube: 2" 4-1/8"L. O.D. Flange: 3-1/8". Mount in 2-1/8" diameter hole

  • #2
    That is good news. Now the next question, whrer do you get the hose?[?]
    Former owner of a 1986 21B Mako[br]Venice, FL


    • #3

      thanks for sharing your find. $27 buck!!! It's a no-brainer to go with this over the plastic. BTW, I've heard to bronze is what you'll want and not the brass. Please confirm.
      Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA


      • #4
        2 places to get the hose. Surplus Unlimited and Outdoor Superstore.

        You will have to call Surplus Unlimited. It's not on their website.

        Outdoor Superstore comes with a black plastic flange.

        I don't know about the bronze or Brass deal. We will see when they get here. I already have 2 crome plastic one's. HeHe and 2 Black plastic one's. The Black one's will connect the Radio box to the STB helm console. Don't want reflection in the windshield.


        • #5
          I got them yesterday. They are chrome over brass. It's not a bad piece.

          The hose slips over the outside of the tube. You can see a little raised portion on the end of the tube in the pix. Not much crome will show at all. The hole thru the transom will be smaller than with the plastic one's. I'm still not decided which way to go.


          • #6
            The 1st 2 pix's are of the Perko chrome over Brass. The next one's are the T-H Chromed Plastic.

            Sorry about the glair from the flash.


            • #7
              My personal preference would be for metal over plastic... but thats just me.
              Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]


              • #8
                Bobby, I would suggest you go with the metal. That fitting is going to see some stress as the cables move around when you turn the motors. Drill a 2" hole and fine tune it with a file. Make that fitting go in SNUG SNUG SNUG!!!! That will help support it.

                Just my $.02. []

                To me, it's kinda like chromed plastic thru-hulls. Sure they look nice, but...... []
                Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD


                • #9

                  which way did you decided to go?
                  1983 21b[br]Waveland,MS


                  • #10
                    I still haven't decided. The T-H plastic one's look better, but as kevin say's. The metal may be stronger.