mako 25and 26 cc.....??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mako 25and 26 cc.....??

hi , never really understood the difference between the 2....25 cc and the mako 26 cc....thanks jim..[]
    www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

Depends on the models and years.

In 1975 they started making the Mako 26 Inboard. It was LOA - 26' with a beam - 9'6"

Then in 1976 the made the Mako 25. LOA - 25'7" and Beam - 8'

Between then and 1984 they made some minor changes to the hull (mainly the hull bottom) and the fuel capacity and called the new model the Mako 254

In 1986 they made the Mako 261 which was LOA 26'4" and Beam - 8'6". In 1990 they made the full transom version.. Mako 261B (the one I want).

In 1989, they changed the 254 a little bit and called it the Mako 251 which had roughly the same specs as far as size was concerned.
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

hey ringleader you have the 3 foot envy already? i did and made the jump to the 23 i guess in two years i will be ready for a 26 [] if my wife lets me after dealing with the current boat.
      3N2, 76 mako 23, marblehead, ma[br]

Comment

Jim,

Assuming you're talking about the recent editions of the 254/251 and 261 Makos, Ed summed it up nicely.

Many folks will tell you the 254/251 Mako was the best hull Mako ever produced -- I've ridden on a couple and the ride is exceptional. Ed my covet the 261B, but I've got one eye open for a 254 -- with the teak intact!

The 254/251 was a very capable hull: deep vee, 8' beam, optional 50 gal fuel tank for those who wanted longer ranges, wide open fishing deck, and a great console. It did not have recessed trim tabs, or the C-Pac console. It could be run with a single 250hp outboard, though twin 150s were the most common configuration I saw. Max HP is 370hp.

The 261 was a good hull, though with the 8'6" beam, it does not cut through seas as smoothly as the 254/251. It had recessed trim tabs, and forward "seating" that in my opinion, was a mixed blessing. It also came with the C-Pac console. Good for storage/cruising, less good for fishing. A heavy hull, it ran best with twin 200s -- it's max hp rating.

Prop Blast
        Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

You're absolutely right about the Mako 25 footers. That extra beam is what I'm looking for though. It really makes a difference in the hull's behavior at rest and while underway. But your right, to get a bit of added stability, I'll have to give up some wave cutting ability.
          Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

I've never been accused of being stable!

[]

Prop Blast
            Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

I have fished on the the 25 and 261 and the 25 has a superior ride.

Comment

I could be called excentric.[]

When Brother Rick came over on Sunday to test fit the fuel tank, he was amaised. He doesn't see it in person very much and couldn't get over the transformation.

It's old hat to me, I look at it every day.[]

Comment

I'll bring beer and wings if we can come over to Professor Warthog's and get a boat building lesson or two! Bet we would have a full house. Amazing artistry sir and my hat is off to you.

ddrummer

1985 20C
                  -Bizz[br]1985 20C[br]Charlotte, NC

Comment

HeHe I'm up for that. Everyone that comes over just looks for an hour and then leaves. No help. I've got to a point that I work pretty good by my self. Sometimes the wife will come and hangout for a while, just watching and get's board and leaves. I turn around to get her to hold something and she's gone. Aghhh! Now I gott'a go hunt her down.[]

Comment

hi so the 25 cc is a better riding hull than the 26 ??? jim www.arctekmarine.com [][][]
                      www.arctekmarine.com 203 982 6322 bethany,ct custom t tops /leaning posts/ arches/hardtops/towers etc

Comment

one other thing i noticed i dont see any of the oldr 25 cc around..70'searly 80's........jim[][]

Comment

Here's one for you Jim. []

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=31271
                          Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

thanks brian...very nice[].....needs a tee and would be all set...fresh water run motor......mich.....jim arctekmarine..[8D]

Comment

Here is my buddys 1988 261 with 1998 'Rudes. Schweet!

Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X