Don't Forget the safety goggles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Forget the safety goggles!

Spent the morning in the Emergency Room and the day in bed. Didn't have my safety googles on when working on the boat this weekend. Was chiseling off some epoxy drips and a chunk hit me in the eye. Now I have a black eye lid and cornea abbrasion.

The same eye, (left), that I have had surgery on three times! Once for a cataract removal. When I was hit by a baseball when I was 12. Then for a permanent lense implant to get my vision back when I was 28 then again to rotate the implant because it moved when I was 35.

Anyway, wear those goggles.
    Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Yep. The Jackson brand full face sheilds are nice. You can adjust the head bamd with a knob on the backside of your head.

Get them at the welding supply shop. My buddy has them all the time now, after a trip to the hospital to remove metal in his eye.

Look at the $20 investment as not having to go spend $150 or more at the emergency room, never mind the pain.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Hope you recover fast. Please don't let Mrs Mako know about your misfortune. I wear eye protection while working onthe boat, but not while cutting.grinding on teeth and bone. The same stuff and even worse can come out of the mouth because many times the fragments that come out of the mouth are covered in some nasty bacteria as well as some of the more nasty virus strains... Herpes is one to mention. Yuck.. I just can't seem to wear a mask over my mouth and glasses... The glasses fog! I have to wear a mask over my mouth... other people's mouths just smell too damned bad!
      Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Your not a proctologist!

[]
        Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Comment

My meds and eyes are going. What I meant to say was.. BE GREATFUL that you are not a proctologist.

[B)]

Comment

One more thought...I spent a morning in the ER when a bungee cord snapped and hit me in the eye while attaching a tarp to my truck. My uncle is an opthalmalogist who says this is an all too common eye injury. Just be carful.

Comment

I had a guy throw a cranberry and hit me in the eye once during recess in middle school. chased him down the hall and gave him a [B)] to match the one he gave me.

The only thing about those full face shields is that they don't look like they have enough room for a resperator. I just bought one of these "darth vader" mask's to use when I start the real destruction on the boat.
              Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Working...
              X