mako 25 value ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mako 25 value ???

i have found a 1977 25 mako cc and am looking for a fair market value.

i personally know the owner and know the boats history. she may have 250 to 300 hrs. on her and has been kept under a roof all of her life.

she has 2 140 hp 1977 evinrudes that last ran in 1994. she sits on a very good trailer. the hull needs a good cleaning but i cannot find any spider cracks, oxidation,there are no soft spots,and the rub rail has no scrapes or wear. this boat has not made more than 20 offshore trips and none over 35 miles offshore. providing that i can buy her at a fair price i plan on repowering her w/2 4 strokes,adding a t-top,leaning post,hyd. steering and trim tabs.

what is a reasonable price range for this boat? thanks. mark

this is a great site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    76 Mako 25 W/Twin 150 suzukis[br]Jennings,La

Mark, welcome. I bought a '76 25' with a bad 225 and no trailer for 6,000.00. The hull is solid, just a few spider cracks and needed genral up keep (teak, detailing, etc.)I didnt get a steal but I love her[] There are a few other people here who have 25's and they might have some input.
    1976 25\' Mako CC \"Makoritaville\"[br]1986 48\' Viking \"Tight Spot\" [br]197? 14\' Mitchell \"Tender Spot\"[br]Biloxi, MS[br][br]

Comment

Welcome.[] Please put your hometown,state in your siginature. It helps us know where your at and may help with getting deals in your area.

The boat sounds like a creampuff.[]

Comment

Fair market value is a funny thing in some situations, this sounds like one of those. Finding a pristine hull is like uncovering treasure at times,if its really unique you can get more etc. Sounds like a situation where the shape of the boat can actually save you money in the long run and these are considerations. How many 77 hulls do you think are laying around with "low miles"? Post some pics so we can all enjoy this time warp boat and than quickly figure a price and grab it before some one else does!!!!If i cant spend my money i'll surely help you spend yours.

Andy
        1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Comment

Sounds like a nice rig. Do a search on http://www.Boattraderonline.com for comparable boats and add a few bucks for her condition and subtract a few bucks for the age and lay-up time for the motors.
          Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

If the boat is in the condition you describe, and If I were selling it, I would not take a dime under 10K. As a buyer I think 8K is fair. Of course having him pay you to haul it away is the best deal[].

Comment

Hey Mark;

I you can't get the guy to a price your comfortable with. Post what he does want for it here. I'm sure there may be people interested in it if your not.

thanks
              Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Sounds like a great find. I wouldn't let it get away. Personally I prefer that 25 over the 254 or the 251 because of the fish box. Also the sheer has a cleaner line for my eye. Forget the engines and electronics. Your buying the hull and original equipment. $8,000 to $10,000. Yes on the 4 strokes. I'm into my second season with 140 Johnsons (Susuki painted white) and could not be happier. We're running 35 to 45 miles out and back plus trolling 5 hours, all on 50 gallons. I used to burn 90 to 100 for the same trip. Do the up grades you mentioned and don't look back.
                Ole Joe
                Just floundering around
                White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
                1978 Mako 25

Comment

thanks guys for the input.he said he would sell her to me for $8500 so i guess i will be buying a mako and joining the club.what are your thoughts on 2-stroke vs 4-stroke? the opinions i am getting are split some like them and some hate them.thanks again for the advice.
                  76 Mako 25 W/Twin 150 suzukis[br]Jennings,La

Comment

wow!!! sounds like you got a great deal... I'll buy it from your for $9000?????
                    Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

QUOTE: what are your thoughts on 2-stroke vs 4-stroke? the opinions i am getting are split some like them and some hate them.thanks again for the advice.

That debate will go on forever. I hate them. All you have to do is go to one of the other sites and they go on & on & on.

Flounder gave you 1st hand imfo. I have the same motors in the original skin color.[]

Comment

Just to give another idea on what it is worth. I was looking for a 261 and found one in the condition I wanted. It was a 1986 and was sank under a dock. The whole boat was "compromised". Nothing worked like gauges no trailer and the motors were junk. It was on USauctions website. I was prepared to spend $6000 and my friends said I was crazy. It was what I wanted though. I bid the $6000 and it held for two seconds. It ended up selling for like $11000. These boats are worth alot.[]
                        Former owner of a 1986 21B Mako[br]Venice, FL

Comment

sonnydaze, i love my 261 bought it back in 1989 best boat i ever owned...
                          mako 1987 261,twin 200 ,and mako 171 center console 115 merc

Comment

I bought a 1984 254 cc with 2 1995 mercury 150 v6, yes there was some cosmetic work to be done. It had a new paint job, the hull is ice blue and the inside was repainted with awlgrip white. It came with a new t top, and a furuno 1650 chartplotter, color scope, gps, Icom 502. I had to replace the helm pump and refinish the teak work, service the motors, and a new trailer, replace a few stainless crews too. I only gave $14000.00 for the deal. I would like to send a few pictures of my classic, just have not figured out how to send them to this website. I am very proud of my boat. I named it Little Henry, because everybody knows me by that name. Hey warthog, let me know how to send my pics. Thanks
                            HENRY ANDERSON[br]

Comment

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...?TOPIC_ID=1458

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...?TOPIC_ID=1563

Comment

Working...
                              X