Florida Members - Hurricaine Charley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Members - Hurricaine Charley

I'll make this one sticky until Charley does his thing.

Again... good luck and be careful. By all means look after yourselves and loved ones before you worry about the damned Mako boats. I know its tough, but Makos are dime a dozen in the grand scheme of things.

Keep us posted as long as you can.
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Amen to that! Stay safe guys. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

As Eddie said, don't worry about the Makos. There will be plenty of Gradys around for you after the storm. [] Just trying to keep everyone's spirits up. []
    Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

We want a meal and not a snack! t minus 6 hours.......
      1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Comment

hey all kidding aside. I just checked and Charlie is now a class 4 and expected to hit land at Fort Myers in 15 minutes. Guys hang on to something solid like a t-top or something.
        Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

Quick update before I lose power. Windy, I am guessing 60 mph now. Supposed to get real bad. We are heading in the safe room. Hoping no baby. See ya[]
          Former owner of a 1986 21B Mako[br]Venice, FL

Comment

good luck Sonny, Capt, Wilson (if your out there)....
            Steven[br]1978 Powercat 232[br]One flat broke, the other almost ready to float!!![br]Atlanta, GA

Comment

growing up(well, raised would be more truthful[])on the MS coast, I am familiar with these storms, we get them often(might be why I am in the carpet business). During Elanea back in 86 I went out in the eye of the storm and looked up, I will never forget the sight of a perfect circle of clouds and how blue the sky was in the eye. If the eye is well defined and you guys get the chance to get a pic, if it is still light,you will not regret it. Seriously, I wish all of yall the best...
              1976 25\' Mako CC \"Makoritaville\"[br]1986 48\' Viking \"Tight Spot\" [br]197? 14\' Mitchell \"Tender Spot\"[br]Biloxi, MS[br][br]

Comment

ALLS WELL IN VENICE!!!!!IVE SEEN WORSE THUNDER STORMS11 THANK YOU GOD. i dont think we had agust over 50MPH, They got alot of damage just south of me and boca grande got hut hard . boats o.k. thanks for the concern and support all.

Comment

that is excellent news guys.... now back to business

Comment

If you're down that way, just give us a bump when you can and let us know you're OK. Everyone is thinking about you and your families.

-ddrummer
                    -Bizz[br]1985 20C[br]Charlotte, NC

Comment

Hey guys, just got power back. It was hot as hell at night. No damage here either. Alot of wind in South Venice. Hey Capt Andy where do you live? The reason I ask is because of the difference in the wind we saw.
                      Former owner of a 1986 21B Mako[br]Venice, FL

Comment

just got internet back storm was wicked lifted mako and trailer with 86 gallons about 2 feet up and 2 feet over and dropped her she's fine and so is the house and family we were in the southwest cape coral 12 miles from the eye alot of others wern't so lucky the new trailer arrived today from ocala driver brought a generator down with supplies to god mother
                        84 mako 21B[br]cape coral FL.

Comment

Im in nokomis ,and we have been graced beyound belief, literally no damage anywhwre! prayers to all that need it.

Comment

Capt Andy and Hal100,

Glad to hear you made it through. My family’s house on Little Gasparilla made it through without a scratch and its only 7 miles or so north of Usepa and Captiva. Turns out my mother’s house in Polk County, 100 mls from the coast took a bunch of damage and my brothers 17' whaler got crunched from a tree.

Friends of ours who live on the Island evacuated early Friday to stay with friends in Punta Gorda. Turned out to be a bad choice. The house they were in had its roof ripped off. They all ended up in the bathroom with mattresses over them.

My friend/fishing buddy who's been kind enough to let me restore my boat at his house ('cause my girlfriend threatened to leave me after the first fiberglass dusting at my house) is from Cape Coral and was down to help his family clean up and boated by Pineland Marina on Pine Island. Said the large dry storage warehouse was totally destroyed and what was left was just a giant pile of boats.

Crazy stuff-

Pic of the Marina

more pics

http://www.news-press.com/news/weath...ane/index.html
                            1974 20\'[br]2005 Sabalo 22\'[br]Gainesville Fl[br]

Comment

Hi all,

I just got back from Pine Island. My folks live in St James City. I have to get to work so I will fill you in on the damage I saw first hand. I liv in Naples and we faired pretty well and my folks are fine. My phone is ringing off the hook for repairs so we will be working 14 hour days for a long time. I hope all of you are safe.

Talk to you soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X