Florida Members... TS Bonnie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Members... TS Bonnie

Looks like you guys gonna get a little weather over there. Shouldn't be more than a nuisance. It will probably only be a minimal hurricane at the worst. Either way, those things suck. Be careful, lock down the hatches, and best of luck. Keep me posted.
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

We are getting pretty worried about Charlie here in Tampa! Could be a bad one, and with my boat jusst sitting out I am worried. There is noway to tie it down at this point. Figures. There hasn't been a storm that hit here in fifty years.

Someone must have heard I was redoing my boat!!
    1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

That sucks. I hate these damned storms. You can't drive some stakes on either side of the hull and drape some straps over the hull to hold it down? What about putting her back on the trailer?

Comment

My family has a house on Little Gasparilla north of Charlotte Harbor, my brother went down yesterday to "batten down the hatches". Last tropical depression flooded much of the island. If Charlie keeps it up as a Hurricane a few more houses on the gulf side of the island might take the plunge. One at the end of the trail our house is on already has waves washing up under it on calm days.
        1974 20\'[br]2005 Sabalo 22\'[br]Gainesville Fl[br]

Comment

cant even get insurance on my boat until after the storm!!!bad timing on my part...I ran her today and am i glad i got a mako 95 232-b 96 225 johnson.shes tight quick and the bracket makes her feel big! Hope ill have her inthe next 48 hours, no trailer and shes at my dock> It will be a long few nights but there isnt a trailer or dry dock for 100miles, their talking 10-15 foot tide surge on an alredy high tidei in sarasota, oh well! wish me luck!Anchored the charter boat in the middle of the bay with two 40 lb. danforths and alot of chain, hope i have a boat on saturday.....
          1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Comment

That sucks!!If I weren't so far I'd lend you my trailer for sure. Good luck Bro. We'll be cheering for you![]

Comment

Dont you work or can you dentist and this as well???your worse than me!!!!
              1997 232B 2017 suzuki 250 \"ROCK BOTTOM\"[br] [br]

Comment

I'm a dentist thats stuck in a very slow practice. I have tons of cancellations and no shows. I spend about half of my days sitting in front of the computer. If I'm in front of the computer... its wasted time. But what else do I have to do with my wasted time.

Comment

Hey Capt. Andy I wish you all the luck with your boat. I moved mine more inland. I don't have insurance either. I think it is a scam. They want $600 and wiil only give me agreed hull value of $8000. Total BS.
                  Former owner of a 1986 21B Mako[br]Venice, FL

Comment

All I carried on my Mako was liability (before I tore her a new asshole). It was like $70 a year. Its just not worth it with these old boats. You'll never get your blood sweat and tears from an insurance company. Just do your best to keep it out of harms way.

Comment

Man, you guys must have shitty insurance companies. When I got my boat, I had it insured for the value it surveyed for. Then, when I repowered, I simply called and upped the value by what I paid for the motor. Did the same thing again when I put the T-Top on. I forget exactly where my coverage sits now, but I bet is near $15K.
                      Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

Working...
                      X