What would you do different ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do different ?

I would like to benefit from your experience. Most of you guys have done what I am in the process of doing.... Rebuilding an ol' Mako from the bottom up. Mine being 1978 Mako 23.

After the smoke cleared, what things would you do differently? From soup to nuts. Electronics, re-power, wiring, storage, full transom rebuild, plumbing, console set-up, guages,rod holders, transom brackett.

Hopefully this will stir up some conversation that we all can benefit from.

Thanks-

Bob
    Bob Carpenter [br] Maine[br]1969 Boston Whaler 13\' (Annie3 1/2) [br]Built Annie2 and Annie3 which can be seen in The Project pages[br]

Hmmmmmmm! Can't think of to much. Shop for a diffrent hull to start with maybe. The sides on my hull where you stand are pretty low. It also has a low deadrise on it. 8deg.at the transom.

Comment

Nothing specific, I'm pretty pleased with the way mine turned out.

I would like better bilge access and more rod storage.

Prop Blast
      Prop Blast[br]Mako 224, F225[br]Tampa, FL

Comment

Bildge acess is easy. $350 buy's you one of these w/ the wrench and shipping.

Stainless frame and anidized alum hatch.

Comment

Is that one of those watertight hatches used in submarines?[][]

Tony
          79 Mako 23[br]85 Wellcraft 18 fisherman[br]Hammond, La.

Comment

If you're going to chop your boat up, start small and ask advice of those who have already made mistakes. You'll definitely create more work for yourself if you rush into it. I would have left more of my sidewalls in if I could do could do it over.
            1974 20\'[br]2005 Sabalo 22\'[br]Gainesville Fl[br]

Comment

Working...
            X