prop__me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prop__me

After final getting my motor staightened out. I am think about a different prop. The boat is 78 mako22 with a 88 200 merc. The motor was just rebuilt and sounds good. The moor has a 17p Today I was out with three other guys to test it out. I had a half of tank of fuel. Wide open rpm 5800-5900. Seems alittle high to me. Should I go with a 19p. What will a 19 change about the way the boat proforms .
    keyport nj

Perfect. Do not change anything. Over is ok, just back off throttle. Also, consider people and gear and whether you had top up or down. It is important to reach max RPM. 1" pitch change approx 200 RPM . Maybe 18 but not 19. Just my opinion, not bible.
    Former owner of a 1986 21B Mako[br]Venice, FL

Comment

Today was a little choppy. I felt that if I ran it wot the rpm might have went higher. I normaly fish two guys, not four that were on the boat today The rpm's didn't really change from when I was by myself to four of us. When I opened it up the speed was still inceases. The motor sceaming like that just makes me a little nervous. To much rpm won't hurt the motor.
      keyport nj

Comment

Working...
      X