Bid on a Mako

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bid on a Mako

Hey fellas, I just found your site and I naturally have a question. I plan to place a bid on a Mako center console with a T-top. The HIN is as follows. MRKe2357h687. Can anyone decipher this for me? I plan on seeing the boat up close a personal tomorrow. Is there anything in particular that I should look for. Also, is there any insight as to the value of the boat. I'm guessing it has a fairly late model 200 Merc. Any response will be greatly appricated. PS this will be my first salty boat. I usually fish in the Morehead City/ Cape Lookout area of North Cackalacky.

Thanks again, Zebco

Need more info... Hull length/model and some ideas of the condition. Other than that I can tell you that it was built in late 1986 as a 1987 model year hull. I'd get it checked out really good by a surveyor before you go plunking down a few thousand on it.
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Thanks Ringleader, I'm not sure of the length. Its a confiscated boat up for the highest sealed bid. I thought the HIN would indicate the lenght. Hopefully I'll get to check it out tomorrow. Does anyone know of a surveyor in the Raleigh, NC area?

Zebco

Comment

Get it surveyed for sure. Shouldn't cost more than $100. With a 200 Merc. I'd say that its probably between 20-23' in length. That leaves alot of difference for pricing.
        Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Working...
        X