Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keyman
    replied
    Contact propGods. Many places let you try different props before you purchase. Depending or your preference of material of construction, 3 vs 4 blade, 4blade for stern lift and diameter 14" or 15" you hve many choices. Need to match the prop hub pr your motor.

Leave a comment:

• larrymac76
    replied
    That’s the problem... motor is new to the boat and didn’t come with a prop, so I have no insight into historic prop size, RPM’s etc. for either boat or motor. just looking for a “best guess” place to start. If anyone wants to toss out an opinion on size/pitch, at least it would be a place for me to start.. thanks

Leave a comment:

• BLACKFIN
    replied
    Every boat is a bit different. And it depends on what qualities you think are a priority, such as gas consumption, hole shot, crusing RPMs, etc. A general place to start is 14 to 15 diameter and 17 to 19 pitch. Then you have to decide 3 vs 4 blade and alum vs. SS. SS flexs less and are a bit mor efficient, but cost more.

Leave a comment:

• Bait Killer
    replied
    Try this site.

http://appcenter.mercurymarine.com/p...5Pp7ftolbGmkTy

Bob

Leave a comment:

• ralph50
    replied
    What prop size do you have now?

How many RPMs are you getting at WOT?

What is your top speed?

Leave a comment:

• uscgman
    replied
    A 17 pitch would be about right.

Leave a comment:

• larrymac76
    started a topic prop size suggestions

prop size suggestions

i have a 1986 21 Mako with a 97 200 Mariner, any suggestions on the proper prop size or at least a starting point?

any insight would be greatly appreciated!

thanks, larry
Working...
X