what length shaft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what length shaft?

My 1980 Mako 21 had twins on it and I am now going to put a 200 or 225 on it. Am I right in assuming the boat will take a 25" shaft motor? This is the original transom with no jackplate.
    1980 Mako21 [br] [br]Long Beach MS <\')))>([br]\"I can always find somebody to tow me back in, but I can never find anybody who will tow me out.........\"

check the mako website. To the left there is a link to classic mako specs. This should tell you transom height.
    keyport nj

Comment

the website says the transom ht is 25in. I geuss that translates directly into shaft length?..........
      1980 Mako21 [br] [br]Long Beach MS <\')))>([br]\"I can always find somebody to tow me back in, but I can never find anybody who will tow me out.........\"

Comment

The 25 inch transom motor equivelent is now called an extra long shaft. Years ago it use to be called a short shaft (20 inch transom) and a long shaft (25 inch) but now they are refered to as "long" and "extra long" - 20inch and 25inch motor shafts respectively.

Mike

PS = don't know why the switch but it was around the mid '80's.
        1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

Working...
        X