21 foot Mako

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21 foot Mako

Hello, I am currently looking at purchasing 78 21' mako. From what I can tell Mako seems to have a good reputaion and is reguarded as one of the better built boats. Only real draw back is wet feet? Should I be concerned? Any input would be greatly appriciated. I'm not real educated on boats at this point. Found myself with a boat slip so seems like the thing to do...

thanks

JM

JM,

I have a 1978 21 & it is a great boat. The ride is very dry & I do not have a problem with water coming over the transom.

1978 21 Mako

1995 225 Yamaha Saltwalter Series

Tampa, FL

Comment

Jack, First, welcome to Classic Mako. I've got an '81 21 and the only time my feet get wet is when I wash it. Had it for 2 years now and am impressed with the ride in all seas.
      \'81 21\' CC Mako[br]Beaufort, NC

Comment

JM,

The only time I hear of Mako owners having trouble with water coming over the bildge or in the boat through the in deck drains are when they have repowered with twins on a boat originally designed for a single engine or repowered with a really heavy single motor (i.e. a four stroke).

There seems to be a lot of discussion about closing in the transom and adding enough floatation to compensate for the weight of engines further away from the transom.

Cliff
        Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

Hey JM,

If you decide not to get the '78 21' mako, could you refer me to it? That is the model I am looking for. Thanks

Jason aka....justfishinjj
          1979 21\' CC[br]Myrtle Beach,SC[br]<><

Comment

Just posted in the classified forum. Selling my 1989 211 repowered last year with a 200 HPDI.

Comment

1989 Mako211. Thats a great hull. It has some subtle differences from mine, but in my opinion, they are all improvements. Why are you getting rid of her.
              Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Working...
              X