New Gas in the Northeast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gas in the Northeast

Has anyone had any problems with the new gas here in the northeast??
    1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

I've heard tell that people have. The new fuel has cleaned the inside of the tank REAL good. All the crap has stopped up filters.

Comment

Long Island has these problems. It's because of the switch to ethanol, which will then bond with all the water in your tank, & run through the filter/motor. Good news is this will clean out your tank. Bad news is that you will need to at least once change fuel filters, and probably clean/rebuild carbs after going through the first couple of tanks. Take a look at this thread on the other board:

http://www.thehulltruth.net/forums/t...=29172&start=1
      NYC & L.I. - 1974 \"Classic\" Mako 20\' - Suzuki 2006 DF150 - Fly & Light Tackle, C&R[br]My boat: http://www.classicmako.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=23444#159594[br]Personal website: http://www.georgemcauliffe.com/

Comment

I work at a fuel dock on LI and have seem some problems with this new fuel. The one biggie is that the fuel from last year and the new ethanol blend SHOULD NOT be mixed. I had to empty my holding tanks and check for water 4 different times before they would even dump the new stuff in. Water does not mix well with ethanol causing some problems and the new fuel could possible eat away at rubber hoses, gaskets etc so be careful!!

Comment

Thanks for all the info on the egas. If anyone has not read the thread about this new egas on the "other" web site do so as it's loaded with some good first hand info. I will probably run my existing tank of old gas out this weekend so then I will know. Before that, however, I am going to purchase a few more gas filters for my Racore. I also plan to run the tank dry and have a 6 gallon tank on board to plug directly into the motor when the main goes dry. Then I will fill-up and hope for the best but the one thing going fo me is that I installed a new tank, hoses etc. about 2 years ago so there should not be any of that varnish crap in the tank or the lines. Will let you guys know how I make out. Again thanks for all the info -

Mike .

Comment

Sounds like a good plan.

Comment

Ya and me more than anyone hope it works -

Comment

I've been changing fuel filter/Water separators everyother week. Is there anything else you can do short of pulling the tank? How about oil. Is there a better oil to use with the new ethanol blend fuel?
                1984 Mako 238, 2000 Yamaha 250[br]Long Island, NY

Comment

I don't think there is any other oil for the new gas. Use the same oil and ring free gas additive as directed by the manufactures.

Comment

Working...
                  X