New Hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hatch

I just got the hatch that I ordered from Hamilton Marine. It's not cheap.

I wanted something that wouldn't leak and was large enough that you can work in the bildge, if need be. It has 4 Dog's on it and will be flush with the deck. The wrench is extra.

The tiles on the floor are 12X12 to give you an idea of how big it is.

That sucker is pretty cool. How much larger is it than the armstrong? I wish they made those in sizes.
    1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Here's a link to it.

http://store.hamiltonmarine.com/browse.cfm/4,5657.html

The problem with the Armstrong hatch to me is you have to do a bunch of work to get it flush with the surface, in order not to stumble over it. That's not really a big deal, but it will hold water and collect dirt around the recessed dog area too. I hate that.

Comment

Yeah, I too am worried about the water and dirt getting trapped around the edges... I'm not gonna make it 100% recessed anymore. That way it'll be less of a groove for the crap to collect in. I can't wait to get back to work on the damned boat.
        Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

I think those tiles would look groovy in your boat. []
          Tom[br]Pompano Beach, Florida[br]1976 25\' Mako[br]

Comment

That flooring came with the house and it's UGULY! It will be replaced some day. I spend every waking hour folling with this boat project and nothing else.[]

Comment

Bobby....NASA called....they want their shuttle hatch back!!!!

That thing is sweet!!!! []
              Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

HeHe I've finally figured out the corse of action to paint the bildge.

I want it White and clean. I stoped by Surewin Williams and picked up some Tile Cad HS [High Solids] I have Tile Cad II on the shop floor.

It is a true Epoxy Paint. The Tile Cad II has been replaced by the HS.

This stuff is fit for painting the insides of water tanks too.

Are you listening Sonny. [For his bait tank]

It only comes in gal. Part A and part B. it's about $38per gal. might use some more to paint the inside of the cuddy.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by gw204

Bobby....NASA called....they want their shuttle hatch back!!!!

ROTFL...Thats funny!
                  Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Working...
                  X