bait well and scupper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bait well and scupper

I am trying to design the perfect bait well on my 1977 25cc. The aft fix box seems like the perfect location rather than the one on the floor. I am nervous about putting a through hull intake. Any advice? Any pics?

Also my port scupper does not seem to be draining. I have snaked it and used a drain king attached to a hose still drains extremely slow. Any advice?
    Rooster[br]1977 25CC[br]New Orleans, La[br][br]

Don't you already have a thru hull for the existing floor bait well?

Just run in from there.
    Tom[br]Pompano Beach, Florida[br]1976 25\' Mako[br]

Comment

yes but the drain just empties into the bilge.
      Rooster[br]1977 25CC[br]New Orleans, La[br][br]

Comment

Try back flushing the port scupper with a garden hose that has good pressure. You may get lucky and dislodge whatever is in the pipe. If that doesn't work, you can cut the PVC drain pipe and re-assemble it after cleaning it out.

Your bait well drain should be tied into the center 2" thru hull fitting at the transon. The factory used a flexable reinforced hose for this connection. You can tee into it for your pick up, or reduce down to 1" for your feed to the fish box. Add valves to suit your needs.

I assume you plan to use only a portion of the fish box for the live well. I'd imagine you would near about sink her if you filled the fish box with water.
        Ole Joe
        Just floundering around
        White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
        1978 Mako 25

Comment

I HAD MADE MY OWN DRAIN SET UP FOR THAT REAR FISH BOX..I REMOVED THE STOCK DRAIN AND MADE UP MY OWN LINE THAT TIES IN TO THE SIDE DRAIN LINE ON THE PORT SIDE JUST FWD OF THE VALVE AND USE A CAP FOR THE DRAIN HOLE.WORKS WELL
          Prev Boats[br]1974 18ft Fleetcraft 74-97[br]1974 20ft Mako 95-99[br]Currently[br]1978 25ft Mako CC 99-??

Comment

A few week ago I was giving my usual pre trip safety lecture to some friends that were going fishing with me for the first time. As I was cautioning them not to fall into the in-floor bait well I stepped back and went right in!

My wife had pulled off the lid while I was talking....was a good laugh anyway.

Other than that I actually like the baitwell in the floor. It is easy to get the bait into and works really well. I have kept sardines, cigars, and blue's in there all day with no problems.

Just gotta get in the habit of keeping that lid closed!
            Larry S. - Fort Pierce, Florida[br]23 Contender

Comment

Working...
            X