Extra Noise Insulation Under The Outboard Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Noise Insulation Under The Outboard Cover

Was just wondering if anyone has ever added any extra noise insulation to the inside of a standard Yamaha motor cover (mine is a older V6 Execl 2 stroke)? I have come by some expensive surplus sound insulation material that is 1/2 inch thick and was thinking of relpacing that cheep 3/16 inch foam that Yamaha puts on the inside of the motor cover. I cannot see any reason other than it may hit the actual motor going on and off (if your not careful) but there seems to be enough clearence that it would fit on at least the 2 sides and the top. That would lower the noise coming out the front and top of the motor - which is what's heard at the cc when running. Was also thinking about heat building up under the cover but with the motor being water cooled that shouldn't happen ??? Does anyone have any thoughts on this??

Mike
    1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Do it. Just clean the inside with some wax&grease remover.

Comment

You might could try some Dynamat from a local Stereo supply. The stuff is kind of pricey, but sounds like what your looking for.
      Ocean Springs, Ms.[br]

Comment

CE Carter is right.....definitely use the Dynamat. Actually, Dynamat makes a heat resistant version called Dynamat Extreme....it is not cheap but you dont need a whole lot either. I've been toying with the idea of replacing the noise insulation on my 1998 Suzuki 225 EFI 2stroke but just have not had the time.

You can order dynamat from Crutchfield.com and most other stereo suppliers.

Ed

Comment

Working...
        X