Ed Mancini this 1's 4 U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Mancini this 1's 4 U

Hey Ed, I read that you installed a check valve in your livewell. I am curious how well it works and also what type. I've seen many types ball, spring, and weighted flapper. I assume you are using the ball, but not sure. Please fill me in if you can.

Also I'm still interested in the cushions whenever you decide to get rid of them..

Thanks

Chris
    Ocean Springs, Ms.[br]

Ce Carter-

Last spring, I replaced most of the thru-hull fittings in my boat. At the time, I also installed bronze ball checks on the livewell intake, livewell drain and gas tank overflow (see diagram of 231 owners manual on this site). On the baitwell overflow line...I installed a one way bronze flapper type check valve. It allows water to flow out, but not in (sort of like a scupper). However, when i get some time...I want to install a livewell pump in the overflow line so that water is pressurized when it is pumped through the flapper check valve. I think this will keep the water in the livewell fresher and will prevent any overflow on the deck.

Ed

Comment

PS- I will let you know when I am ready to replace the cushions. I only use a few of them know (the rest are in my garage) but I want to keep all of them until the new ones are made so that the canvas/cushion person can use them as a template when making the new ones.

-Ed-

Comment

Hey Ed, Thanks for the info on the check valve. The livewell drives me nuts. I'll keep trying to get this livewell issue figured out, I can't stand to have a piece of equipment that doesn't function properly. Also, the cushions sound great, no rush just a reminder that I'm still intrested.

Thanks

Chris
        Ocean Springs, Ms.[br]

Comment

Working...
        X