Nice boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice boat

Saw this nice looking older Mako on THT. Anybody from this board? looks like he really did a nice job keeping her up or restoring her. http://thehulltruth.com/6/ubb.x?a=tp...1&m=8986017835

strick
    Oakley, California

Thats Jon Bradfords boat. He is Flieman here and on THT. He needs to e-mail me some more pics like that one!

B

y the way... Jon, I got the package yesterday with the Owners manual and the boat test report. I'll scan them both during the week and get them back inthe mail to you! Thanks!
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

No hurry on mailing back any of that stuff, that manual is sure strange in the fact that it has nothing to do with a 25, the guy I bought the boat from said that was the original. I can email you that pic if you want, just holler.

Thanks

Jon

Comment

Just goes to show you how an older classic boat can look better then 90% of the newer ones. That boat really caught my eye. Nice job Flieman did you restore it yourself.. if so is there a place were I can look at the pictures?

Strick
        Oakley, California

Comment

These are all the pics I have of Jons boat, hopefully he has a few more laying around.

http://www.classicmako.com/projects/bradford.htm
          Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

That boat really cleaned up nice.[]

Comment

Jon's boat is gorgeous... Though, I must say, the aluminum deep-vee half-way down the page also caught my eye.[]

There's just a soft spot in my heart for metal.[]
              18ft MonArk tri-hull: 140HP Mercruiser Alpha One - still in pieces...to be continued[br](I know it\'s not a Mako, but hey, its mine!)[br] Time\'s fun when you\'re having flies![br]president/hostmaster:[br]P.Ring Technologies[br]Cornerstone IT, LLC[br]LOUISIANA WEB HOST, LLC.[br]CompTIA Certified Professional A+/Network+ // Microsoft Registered Partner

Comment

I appreciate all the nice comments. I did everything myself except the actual spraying of the paint. I figured awlgrip is to expensive to mess up, I prepped it all and paid a guy to shoot it. I am not happy with the floor as we did it in gelcoat and it gets dirty fast and is hard to keep clean. I am probably going to grind it down and spray it with Emron and texture as I had that in my Hatteras. it has to be redone every 4 years but that is the cost of fishing. I feel safer in a 1976 Mako with everything totally new then I would in a new boat. Every electrical connection is done with heatshrink, color coded wiring, nice big terminal blocks, breakers instead of fuses. When the console was out I did all of the electrical with the console upside down in the garage , much easier than hanging upside down somewhere in the boat. The hardest thing was welding the new fuel tank and the radar arch. I have a buddy that welds aluminum and he loaned me equip and how tos. The mig, which you use on nonanodized alum was easy, the Tig was tough but I finally got the hang of it. Thanks again

Jon

Flieman

Comment

Wow!!! Even did your own welding!! Congrats on a fine job. Looking forward to more pics of that fine machine.

Strick
                  Oakley, California

Comment

fileman - what kind of numbers do you get with the twin 130's?
                    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
                    1985 Mako 20c - sold
                    Fort Walton Beach, FL
                    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

Cruise is 25 knots @4200 rpms burning 15 gph with 4 people and full of gas, not a lot of difference when it is light. Top end is 36 knots @ 5500. Here in Texas it is always 5 second 3-4 ft seas and you just cannot run much faster without breaking stuff. I know there are always the calm days but for the most part I can only run 24 or 25 knots. If I had it to do over I would probably buy 150s for a little more speed. I own a 1996 Yamaha 130 on a 19 Hewes and so I know the motors well and I have allready swapped parts around in a emergency to go fishing. I took the starter off the Hewes and put on the Mako so I could go. I figure with 3 130s I can make 2 run. That was my original reason for 130s as well as I found new in the box 1999 counter rotating 130s last year that were plenty cheap so that sealed the deal.

Comment

Working...
                      X