No announcement yet.

S. FL Member Sign-In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joel, Could you PM me or post a phone number & name. With a reasonable place to stay, the wife would agee (as always, money is tight & fishing is not tops on her priority list [:0]). But a promise of a decent place to stay & actually CATCHING fish would strengthen my hand[][]. Thanks
    rmajor[br]196BR Key West[br]Palm Bay FL

Comment

Major, my friend has his house on www.vacationhomes.com code # 13151. I got it last year for about $1300 for the whole week, but he has weekend rentals for alot less. House has a full kitchen, 2 bedroom 2 bath, and has a dock, ramp is right next to the hous and the ocean is about a minute up the canal...
      Regards,[br]Joel [br]Miami Lakes, FL[br]1993-221B-250 Yamaha

Comment

If keep the boat in Riviera Beach and run out of Palm Beach inlet. Seriously thinking about moving the boat down to Islamarada or Key Largo.

I am thinking about having a dodger cover made with t-top side panels and an EZ2CY windshield panel. I would add a filler cushion in the foward seating area making a vee-berth so I could stay overnight on her. I figure a bathroom, sink and a bed is all I really need.

Would love to get together for stuff in south Florida. A great place to raft up on a weekend afternoon is Peanut Island at the Palm Beach inlet. Camping is availible on the island for a great inexpensive overnight/weekend. Plus you're only 400 yards to the inlet.

Comment

Here is a pic of Cayman at Peanut Island and some rafting going on.

Comment

HEY THERE GUYS, IM IN MIAMI AND WOULD LOVE TO GET TOGETHER. HEY JOEL WAS UP DID YOU GET THE MOTOR FIXED BY EDDY LET ME KNOW AND GIVE ME A BUZZ IF YOU CAN

Comment

Ive done the Peanut Island thing and its great. It would be nice to try and organize a meeting of "Mako" people. Anyone up for that?
              1980 25 CC Twin Yamaha 200 HPDI\'s[br]Royal Palm Beach, Florida[br]

Comment

I'm down, maybe we can have a small fishing tournament followed by grilling and drinking. What say you South Floridians?
                Simmer Down[br]\'03 Contender 23 Open, 250 HPDI[br]UPTIGHT[br]\'94 Mako 211 Classic, 250 OX66 --SOLD--[br]Miami[br][URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/wobbet60/media/Contender%2023/S5031021.jpg.html]

Comment

Sounds great! There is a nice picinic area with grills on the east side looking out the inlet. On the west side is the "primitive" area where you can pull up on shore and camp along with the formal camp sites on the east side.

On the north side where the pic above is from, we can raft just off the island and there is a grill or two on shore right there. You can easily wade to shore or pull right up on the north side which is the party side of the island.

A "Classic Mako" banner would be good to fly to mark the spot. Perhaps the local Mako Dealer would spring for that or other promotion.

I am not a very good party planner however. Just some ideas...

Comment

I'm located in South Miami and Drop in Matheson Hammock/Dinner Key. I would love to meet up with fellow Mako owners.[]
                    1984 Mako 235 2006 Etec 250[br]Miami, FL

Comment

I think a Peanut Island thing would be fun. Got the inlet right there or the back side of Munyon Island for flats fishing. I would be willing to lend a hand in planning.
                      1973 17\'Standard[br]1999 115 Yamaha 2 stroke

Comment

I am in.
                        1981 17 mako[br]115 Optimax[br][br]

Comment

Just finished restoring this one... I'll get some close ups for you guys.
                          1972 Mako 17 Angler Ed.[br]She\'s Only 17 - And That\'s Why I Love Her!!![br]POMPANO BEACH, FL

Comment

Pretty boat, man...

quote:

Originally posted by Rick Ansara

Just finished restoring this one... I'll get some close ups for you guys.

Regards,[br]Joel [br]Miami Lakes, FL[br]1993-221B-250 Yamaha

Comment

I am in the upper keys and have been living,fishing, and diving here for over 30 years. Glad to share any requested information.
                              Plantation Key, Fl

Comment

Hey Mako2992, whereabouts on Plantation Key are you? Like I said, I spend alot of time at my buddy's house on Plantaion Key, bayside. Its off of Key Heights drive behind the Sheriff station. Thats my favorite part of the Keys by far. I have a lots of good memories and caught/speared alot of nice fish in that area.
                                Simmer Down[br]\'03 Contender 23 Open, 250 HPDI[br]UPTIGHT[br]\'94 Mako 211 Classic, 250 OX66 --SOLD--[br]Miami[br][URL=http://s45.photobucket.com/user/wobbet60/media/Contender%2023/S5031021.jpg.html]

Comment

Working...
                                X