. 225XL-OP ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . 225XL-OP ????

Found another outboard that I am intrested in. Might be a better deal. Owner says it is 2000 225 with the ecu reading 180 hours. The motor was not used since 2002. My question is the Model No. is 225XL-OP, does the XL mean 25" shaft. The owner keeps telling me it is a 20" shaft.

Ps. please reply I don't want to drive a couple hours to find out the guy is wrong
    keyport nj

What is it? A Merc?

Comment

XL usually means 25" shaft.
      Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Thanks for the quick response guys. I just found a price chart that told me that the L=20" XL=25". That what I thought, I don't know what the seller is talking about. Thanks again.
        keyport nj

Comment

It is a Merc.

$7,355 $8,755

Boat Specifications

Model: 225XL OPTIMAX SALT

Motor Type: Gasoline

Volts (Electric Motors): N/A

Thrust (Electric Motors): N/A

Horsepower: 225

Cylinders: 6

Start Type: Electric

Dry Weight: 531

Power Tilt and Trim: Yes

Comment

XL is 25".

That's what my 150 is.
            Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

Back years ago they were refered to as short or long shafts. Over the last 20 or so years the deep v'boat started to be produced more and the transoms got higher in those boats. The old "short shaft" - a 20 inch shaft is now consided a long shaft. The old "long shaft" which is a 25 inch shaft is now refered to as a X long. Usually a Non deep V boat takes a 20 inch shaft and the deep V boats take a 25 inch shaft - except for twins which, depending on the deep v bottom take either 2 20 inch shafts OR 2 25 inch shafts.
              1973 22 CC Milford, CT USA[br]

Comment

Working...
              X