Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Taping,Sanding and Painting Today

This is for the Boot Stripe.

I think it was worth the effort. It made a dramatic change in the way it looks.

Comment

oooohhhhhweeeee! That baby looks good man.
      Greenwich, NJ[br]1976 22B

Comment

Yeah, that sucker is looking really sharp. You gotta be feeling good about yourself right now!
        Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Great work Bobby

Hurry up and get that bracket on her!

Strick
          Oakley, California

Comment

OUCH, that is really looking nice!!!!!!

Outstanding work!!!!

Comment

downright gorgeus[]
              [br]Burlington , MA[br]Previous Boats[br]25\' Mako CC 225 Yamaha (sold)[br]30\' Grady Marlin T/250 Yamaha\'s (sunk) [br]Current boats [br]10\' Zodiac 8hp Yamaha[br]15\' Whaler 75hp Merc[br]24\' Wahoo! EFS 250hp Merc[br]

Comment

It will not fit in the shop with the bracket on it.[]

Lot's more priming, sanding and painting to do. The pilothouse,cuddy and washboards.

Comment

Bobby, that's top of the line. Beautiful work.
                  Ole Joe
                  Just floundering around
                  White Hall & Ocean City, Maryland
                  1978 Mako 25

Comment

Bobby...looks great! Keep up the good work.

Ed

Comment

Harbor Freight HLVP gravity feed gun. ITEM 43430-8VGA

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=43430

Comment

Mine must be the 1st pt# on that site. I know it has the 1.7 needle in it.

I use another gun for all my priming. I never shoot primer in my paint gun. I've seen clods of primer get spit out of gun's and really screw up a paint job. The other gun is a siphon feed from Home Depot. I also have a small siphon feed panel gun that I've had forever. It was like $20 at Lowes.

Comment

I now need to spray the Interlux Performance paint on my bottom (I was going to roll and tip it), since Interlux's instructions are inconsistent. I did what you guys are always asking and did a search! Yeah! And I found this one. I am thinking about using the gun recommended below, but wanted to run the paint specs by you guys. Interlux says to use: Conventional Spray Pressure Pot: Pressure: 3.44-4.08 bar/50-60 psi - gun pressure; 8-15 psi pot pressure. Tip Size: 1.4-1.5 mm/55-60 thou. Siphon Cup: Pressure: 3.06-4.08 bar/45-60 psi. Tip Size: 1.4-1.5 mm/55-60 thou. . Will this gun work on this paint and is there anything else I need to know? The spec sheet can be found @ http://194.128.184.165/pds/yacht/GB_ISO_I_5000230.htm . Thanks a bunch.
                          72\' Mako 22\'[br]NoNeck, VA

Comment

Makoshako, are you using interlux vc performance epoxy- the teflon- non-anti-fouling stuff? If so, you DO NOT need to spray it.

http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...formance,epoxy
                            88 Mako 171, 115 E-TEC, [br]85 Mako 285, Twin 250 Yamahas [br]Annapolis, MD[br][IMG]

Comment

[:u][][:x)][][8)]id="size6"> very nice!!![]id="size6"> what paint did you use??

Comment

Working...
                              X