Mako 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mako 23

Hi...this is my first post. I am almost positive that I will be purchasing a 1990 23' Mako by the end of this week and I had a few questions. First of all, the boat comes with a 1997 175 Evinrude Ficht with new powerhead and lower unit. Does anybody have any ideas on what this boat can do with a 175? Is it enough power?

Second...Has anybody heard of any particular problems with this boat? This boat is in great shape and has a brand new gas tank. I was just wondering if there might be some things that have gone wrong with this particular model. Thanks for any help!

Luis

correction: it has a 225hp Evinrude...comments to the other questions are still welcome. Thanks

Comment

KW Luis-

I have a 1991 Mako 231, with a 225hp Suzuki 2-stroke. Without a strong current, she'll do 44mph all day. With the current she'll do 47mph.

Are you bidding on the 231 that is for sale on ebay in New Hampshire??? If you are, I think $16,000 is kinda high considering the age of the motor. You may want to talk him down a bit.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions about the 231 model.

-Ed-

PS- 1990 and 1991 were good model years. After 93, things kinda went down hill.

Ed Mancini

1991 Mako 231

Tournament Edition

Comment

It is actually a 23 in Key West. I checked the boat out this morning...it has a 6' section on the bottom of the hull that is delaminating and most of the chine in that section is missing. It looks as if he hit something pretty hard. He is asking $5,500 for the whole package, but the boat is going to need a lot more money to get it fixed properly. Also, don't know if there is any damage to the stringers on that side or what. I don't want a huge project boat, I've already had enough of them.

Comment

I'd walk away. There are plenty of other boats and with Spring coming up, they will start popping up all over the place. There's no reason to buy a bad one when so many good ones can be found, but when a good older Mako does appear it usually won't stick around long.
          1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
          1985 Mako 20c - sold
          Fort Walton Beach, FL
          http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

I agree with sailor. Keep your eyes open and check Yachtworld.com

I have seen a lot of nice boats on there from Florida. It was just too far for me to consider checking them out. I probably had 12 sites that I was checking daily until I found YW. It seemed that all the boats that I was looking at on local sites were all listed there in one place.

Hope Eddie doesn't mind me mentioning that site.

Good Luck
            1983 Mako 224[br]Onancock, Va.

Comment

Working...
            X