Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Boats Updates

Eddie,

Thanks for updating the Project Boats section.

Inspired me to finish my stringers and start on the bulkhead.
    1974 20\'[br]2005 Sabalo 22\'[br]Gainesville Fl[br]

Yes, I have been very slow in updateing and adding... I still have a few boats to update/add to the webpage. I have been inundated with other things like getting the T-shirts made, most importantly the never ending fight to get the house finished (I'm doing some electrical myself), and the baby on the way doesn't make things easier.

Not to mention my new computer at home won't seem to load Microsoft Frontpage, so I can't update from home! So I have been taking advantage of my shitty job problems (lack of patients and tons of cancellations/no shows) and I'm trying to get a few boats updated.

Hopefully next week after I finish adding new boats and updating the existing projects, I'll be able to move onto getting a few new Owners Manuals posted as well. I think I have 2 or 3 sitting around. Also I'd like to get the brochures posted in the future as well. I have some really good ones to post.

Thanks for noticing the updates! I hope in a few weeks that I can show some progress on my boat, but I doubt it.[]
    Slidell, LA 1993 Mako 261B - Temperance

Comment

Yeah I noticed that you had updated mine. I couldn't believe it. We got a hard rain the other night and the boat id outside and uncovered. The tabbing on those stringers I installed was porous and water got inside the stringers. I still need to put fillets and glass on the inside, but I didn't expect that I thought epoxy was more waterproof than that!!!!

I have lots more work to do.
      1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

Man I feel for you. Its like 1 step forward and 2 steps back. I've been fighting water getting into the Mako for months. Recently I'm fighting water getting into the f*cking house. The asshole roofer won't come out and finish the f*cking job. So the 2nd floor is turning to shit as well as the OSB that the roof is sheeted with. Not to mention the asshole stucco f*cker or the asshole brick f*ckers won't come out and finish their sorry assed jobs. The asshole electrician sent me a bill for double the original quote. Between work sucking bigtime and this house, which will be rotten by the time I ever move into it, I'm about fed up with these f*ckers!

Comment

I assume they got paid? Don't pay 'em and watch how fast they come back.

Dad had a deal that he used to do.

If they put in the bill by tuesday, then they would get their pay on friday with the work complete - 10%. then the job was checked and if it was up to par then they got the other 10%. if the bill came in on wed., sorry you will not get your money until next fri - 10%.

Having been around this stuff enough, I can tell you that if you are not on the jobsite EVERYDAY they will screw it up.

The workers work day to day. they don't have the abilities that you and I do to plan and exicuite things.

The famous saying in our family is and let's see if I can spell this right to get the effect.

"Mr wartman's I's build's it to de line's"

Belive me I seen some shit.

Comment

The stucco assholes have been paid 50%. The brick dickheads have been paid about 75%. Neither job has been finished. I'd say the stucco is about 45% done and the bricks are about 80% done. The roof dipshit is so friggin lazy, he probably doesn't care if he gets the other $2500 to finish the job. The whole problem is that these guys are raking in the bucks. They make 8-10X what I make in a week, so they don't give a shit. They just move onto the next job whenever they've had enough of screwing up my place.

Your right, you have to babysit them or you'll stop by the house and find archways done by drunken fools and bricks that are loose in the mortar. Outlet boxes that are at different levels! No care or concern except for getting their money.

I hope I didn't give y'all the feeling that I was having a bad day?[!]

Comment

Sometime's 'ya just got to vent.[]

Comment

I am however very happy that the shirts will be on my doorstep by mid-week next week and I managed to update a few of the webpages. I still have to add text... I have been FTPing the pixs to the server from my house, but I don't have y'alls e-mails there so I can't cut and paste your text to the webpages.

I'll figure something out this weekend. I'm just glad to be catching up again. I don't want the Projects section of our webpage to become stagnant like ClassicSeaCraft's did.

Comment

I hate those home repair dipsh*ts. I find they spend their time chasing the big upfront deposits from new customers. They don't actually have to do any work for that or pay any laborers.

It took my roofer the better part of a year to complete my job. He spent the money I gave him for supplies on something else. When he wanted more, I walked his ass into the supply store and I paid for them.

Just don't let them get ahead of you in the payments. If that happens, your in trouble.

Good luck.

Tom
                  Tom[br]Pompano Beach, Florida[br]1976 25\' Mako[br]

Comment

hey Ring, wait till you get to the painters and flooring installers ,by the way, Email me if you want the MAKO owners discount on your flooring[8D]. The more I think about it I do need my boat painted hmmmm. wanna trade?????[]
                    1976 25\' Mako CC \"Makoritaville\"[br]1986 48\' Viking \"Tight Spot\" [br]197? 14\' Mitchell \"Tender Spot\"[br]Biloxi, MS[br][br]

Comment

Hey Wilson-

Saw your update of your stringer project. Would you care to explain to use what you're doing?? From the looks of it, it looks as if you are making oversized stringers and are planning on filling them with foam??

Keep up teh good work.

Ed

Comment

You've pretty much got it. I'm building a "grid system". So far so good. They will eventually be filled with foam and they will stretch about 4 more feet toward the bow. The forward sections will be up about 2.5" so as to maintain the little raised deck that was there. I also got the keel stringer in this weekend. now I can finally drill a hole in the back to drain the damn thing when it rains.
                        1975 23\' Tampa,FL

Comment

I was wandering about that foward section. If left like it was it would cause hard spots in the hull. Sounds like you've got it all figured out.

Sounds and looks great.

Comment

I would like an explanation of "hard spots". I keep seeing it mentioned in posts but I'm not really sure what is being described.

Thanks for helping out the novice.[xx(]
                            1974 20\'[br]2005 Sabalo 22\'[br]Gainesville Fl[br]

Comment

I'll use Wilson's boat as an example. he's going to change it, but when you look at this pix.

Do you see how the stringers end abruptly at the front? That will create what is known as a hardspot. The stringers will strengthen the heck out of that hull, but the hull bottom will flex a little where they end. This flexing/hinging point will eventualy crack.

Now he's going to extend the stringers farther foward and they will taper down as they go foward. This will cure the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X