It's official now, I'm headed to the Panhandle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official now, I'm headed to the Panhandle

I just put my notice in at work today and boy does it feel GOOD to quit!!!! At the end of the month I will be starting a new career in Fort Walton Beach, FL (look out Warthog!). I'm looking forward to getting back to my old stomping grounds and getting out to the deep water. In the next two months I will be leaving this job, packing, moving, finding a place to live, starting a new job and then my first child will be born at the first of March. I guess when it rains it pours, but this is going to be a great year!

Maybe I will also get a chance to start some of the planned projects for my Mako as well, but first and foremost will be to do some offshore fishing this summer.
    1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
    1985 Mako 20c - sold
    Fort Walton Beach, FL
    http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Welcome home,ling start running in March and snapper season opens in April.Hammertime Gulf Breeze
    Gulf Breeze Fl.

Comment

That's Great. Boy you sure got a lot of irons in the fire. Ah or did have. HeHe

What kind of job are you going to do in FWB?

Comment

I'm going to be working for First National Bank and Trust working on business development on the commercial side. I grew up in the area so it's going to be good to get back with my old buddies to do some good fishing. They love to call me and tell me about what *they* are catching!

And yes, I expect things to cool off quite a bit!! []
        1978 Mako 25 - Blind Hog
        1985 Mako 20c - sold
        Fort Walton Beach, FL
        http://www.classicmako.com/forum/top...TOPIC_ID=42841

Comment

I too live in Gulf Breeze! What a great community (I work in Ft. Walton)
          [br][br]

Comment

I wish you luck, my wife and i are moving from Avalon NJ to Beaufort NC in may, just in time to practice for the big rock. Our tear down here gets us new construction in the Marlin Club, and waterfront for less. I can't wait to get the flock out of here.

I gave up drinking and sex, so I might as well fish all night.
            I gave up drinking and sex, so I might as well fish all night.

Comment

Everyone's moving south ...so I retired and moved north. Go figure LOL

Good luck to all of you. Beaufort is a great area...I may end up there before I pack it in.

But for now, having the Chesapeake bay on one side and the ocean on the other is facinating and I'm enjoying trying to figure out how to fish it all.[]
              1983 Mako 224[br]Onancock, Va.

Comment

Working...
              X