Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976 20' Mako fuel tank problems

Hey everybody,

I am new on here and wanted some advice. I am thinking of buying a 20' 1976 Center console for a reasonable price. The boat is in great shape overall, has a 1996 Yamaha engine with low hours. I have a few concerns before I move forward with this purchase. First off the owner told me the tank needed replacement due to a compression test which could amount to quite a bit of money. Im not sure of what a compression is all about so maybe somebody could fill me in on that. I know the tank is 44 gallons and dont know how much of a pain would be to put a new one in or even where to buy it for a decent price. Another thing is I noticed on the outside of the gunnels there are bubbles that were forming on the fiberglass, some almost an inch in diameter. I dont know what this could be caused by, maybe extreme moisture in the foam. All of the bubbles that I have noticed have been toward the rear so it very well have been moisture. Anyhow any opinions would be appreciated. By the way the owner is selling the boat for $3000 incase that might help. Thank you for any replys.

Chris

Florida
Working...
X