A few Mako photos...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few Mako photos...

These photos were taken at a new marina development in Cape Charles Virginia (I believe it was called "Kings Creek"), right next to the Cherrystone camping resort in the lower Chesapeake Bay region (eastern shore of Virginia).

Don't know the model, but i suspect that she is used as a 6-pack charter (as i believe all of the boats I shot this day are used).

I believe this was a 231 Mako... powered by a 225 'Rude! YeeHaw!

And here is another 231 powered by a 250 Yamaha. This thing has to scream!

Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

nice photos,

thanks, any idea as to the year and models?
    3N2, 76 mako 23, marblehead, ma[br]

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by fullcount

nice photos,

thanks, any idea as to the year and models?

Not really. [] I was hoping to get some help from the experts in the field. []

I've always loved the older Makos, but I'm not good in identifying them. []

Ask me about Parkers... I'm better with them. [8D]
      Capt Kevin ~~~><((((*>[br][br] 2520 MVSC \"Chesapeake Edition\"[br]Annapolis, Maryland[br]http://ClassicParker.com/

Comment

I know that the one you say is a 231 is actually a early 70's mako 23. I know that this model was built at least in 73,74,75,76 as wilson, warthog and myself all have the same style with the two live wells aft, and the open sides (not sure of the terminology). That boat looks like its in great shape. maybe someday mine will look like that again []

Comment

I agree with fullcount. If I could see a front shot to see if it has strakes. The real early one's don't have strakes.

This is a good shot of the splashwell. Where those scoops are. Water can go stright into the bildge thru them. Not Good!

Comment

The second 231 looks like a early 80's boat as it has the black windshield and the new style aft fish boxes.

Comment

I think I've got a new idea for a leaning post. Thanks.

When I get a chance, I'll take some pics of a 17 down the water from me. It's unbelievable (understand the owner spent about $30,000 redoing it, not including power.)
              Tampa, FL [br]Mako 20C Merc 200[br]

Comment

Tom Run down and take pix's of that Today. I wann'a see.[]

Comment

if you get back there take more pics, i love looking at different boats and how people have done things!

[]

Comment

Forget that 23. I want to know what that top Mako is and where the hell can I get my hands on one!!!!!!

I have never seen one like that but I want one real bad right now!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

224...from what I can tell, that 28 has had LOTS of customization done. All the photos of other 28s I found have a different bulkhead at the cuddy wall, a cutout transom, two equally sized helms set approx. where the bait station is now, and seating on both sides in between the helms and the cuddy.

Somebody has a mucho time and money in that boat...and it looks AWESOME!!!!![]
                      Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

quote:

if you get back there take more pics, i love looking at different boats and how people have done things!

Your wish is granted!

Chech out the 'photo' area on TheHullTruth for more non-Makos photographed that same day!

http://thehulltruth.net/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=26

Comment

quote:

I know that the one you say is a 231 is actually a early 70's mako 23.

That's why I came to "the source"! []

I figured that you'd appreciate these more than anyone. []

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by gw204

224...from what I can tell, that 28 has had LOTS of customization done. All the photos of other 28s I found have a different bulkhead at the cuddy wall, a cutout transom, two equally sized helms set approx. where the bait station is now, and seating on both sides in between the helms and the cuddy.

Somebody has a mucho time and money in that boat...and it looks AWESOME!!!!![]

I'd never seen one like it either, which is why I shot so many photos of her. I had a feeling that she was 'different'. []

Comment

The owner of that 231 needs a less on bow rail care and maintenance.... []
                              Brian[br]St. Leonard, MD

Comment

Working...
                              X