Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Mako's win out

I took 2 friends fishing on my 85 224 the other day. One has a 2 year old

Pro Sport and the other has a Wellcraft a few years old. They have never been on my boat before being I purchased it this January.

In the past I owned a 72 22 Mako and a few gradys. At any rate the point of this is all I heard all day was what a great boat this was,not bad for a

boat almost 20 years old.
    Bob

quote:

Originally posted by mudshark

......I heard all day was what a great boat this was,not bad for a boat almost 20 years old.

the other has a Wellcraft a few years old

shocking!

[][][]

Comment

There is a reason that my signiture reads "Mako 224, the best 22 foot fishing layout on the planet"

Good luck finding one though. They didn't make a ton of them and they bring real good money. I got lucky.

Comment

I am new to the forum, but have been watching this website for awhile.

Anyhow, I saw this topic and just had to post, so I could brag about my 224.

First off, I bought it a couple years ago for $9,000.00 and didn't realize at the time what a deal I had. It is a little beat up cosmetically, but it goes great.

My father who has owned a lot of different boats over the years, rants and raves every time I take him for a ride.

As a side note this forum seems really great, I am sure I will be posting more.
        1982 224 w/200 \'Rude[br]Andover, CT

Comment

Welcome to the board Steve. Please put your city,State in your siginature.

We all would like to see pix's of your boat. If you can't post them, send them to Ringleader and he will do it for you.[]

Send pix's here: [email protected]

Comment

I like the layout of the 224 as well. In fact I have fished on one before and it was great. But, the bow rode really high on the boat I fished. Maybe the tabs did not work properly or something but I have observed other 224 running and noted that the bow rode high.

Cliff
            Columbus, Georgia[br]1973 Mako 17 angler \"Reel\'s Angler\"

Comment

Yeah, my 224 rides kind of high, but I don't have any tabs at all, I hope that I can get to that next year.
              1982 224 w/200 \'Rude[br]Andover, CT

Comment

Its a whole different boat with tabs on it. The bow never rode high on mine even without tabs though. Just like any boat weight distrobution is critical. With 2 heavy batteries at the transome corners a full tank of fuel (122 gallons) stuff stored in the aft compartments and so forth could make one run high. Moving the batteries to the console would be the first step. I am pretty sure that the hull mold on the 224 is identical to the 231. The 224 just has a radically different inner hull liner. The amount of storage on a 224 is mindblowing for a boat this size. They are one hell of a small offshore fishing machine. Now if only the fuel prices would go down enough that I can enjoy mine!

Comment

Working...
                X